Aquamax DFC-280 weird noise

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phantom7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Phantom7

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2021
Messages
135
Reaction score
37
Location
32174
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I just got an Aquamax DFC-280 for my to-be ray tank, and was curious if this noise is normal? It’s also my first skimmer. Thank you:)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5488.MOV
    15.9 MB
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help
 
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help
Hey! Thanks for the bump. I actually got this issue fixed, now I’m just trying to figure out how to use the skimmer. It seems like I’m getting too much air because the like cup ‘top’ keeps ‘jumping’ because the air is building up inside. idk lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new