Aquamaxx ConeS Q-3 Skimmer

Artillerydrill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you have had issues. I guess there's never a 100% review for anything but I'd say Aquamaxx products are far from crap. Best skimmers I have used to date and I've been thru lots of skimmers since 1997 :)

Most skimmers will skim to some extent. Finding one that is easy to use and basically set and forget while producing gross awesomeness sets them apart from the lesser ones.

My ConeS CO-1 (have only cleaned the motor and body once since 2013)
Cup cleaned on Sunday(4 days ago)
IMG_5348.JPG

My Q3 of less than 6 months
Cup cleaned on Sunday as well
IMG_5347.JPG

Can i ask how many inches of water your Q-3 is in? I’m having a bit of trouble with mine. Thank you.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the ConeS CO 3. the CO3 is far better, you need to buy that Q3 right now, send it to me and I will send you my CO3 even though its a worse skimmer I need the room.
^^^^^^ Kidding! But no...you need to send me that Q3 and ill cut you a deal on my Co3, ha ha ha ha.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An alternate....better features IMO:
Tunze's DOC Skimmer 9415 $584, regular price.
csm_9415.000_bd5da671c6.jpg

Gimmick-free and a real beast of a skimmer.
Not even 1.5' tall – 17".
Similar air capacity.
But only 15 watts.

The auto-self-cleaning feature that works while the skimmer cup is removed is a really nice touch. Having an optional post-filter has also been very helpful a few times. Both unique features. :)

I can't tell you how many times I have almost bought one of those....... I am always tempted. next time...

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you have had issues. I guess there's never a 100% review for anything but I'd say Aquamaxx products are far from crap. Best skimmers I have used to date and I've been thru lots of skimmers since 1997 :)

Most skimmers will skim to some extent. Finding one that is easy to use and basically set and forget while producing gross awesomeness sets them apart from the lesser ones.

My ConeS CO-1 (have only cleaned the motor and body once since 2013)
Cup cleaned on Sunday(4 days ago)
IMG_5348.JPG

My Q3 of less than 6 months
Cup cleaned on Sunday as well
IMG_5347.JPG
are you selling the Q3

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone, i got the AQUAMAXX CONES Q-3 for some reason it's making load noise i been running the skimmer for 4 weeks already, it's in my bedroom the tank, i got the RedSea Reefer 525 xl tank, anyway i can make the skimmer less noisier. thank you

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^ I would call Marine Depot or where you bought it and see if they can help you. Most likely it is a bad impeller, or maybe the skimmer is touching the side of the sump.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back