Aquamaxx reef welder

  • Thread starter Thread starter Walts O
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Walts O

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2015
Messages
106
Reaction score
41
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried aquamaxx reef welder.It's tiny beads of plastic you put it hot water and it softens and you mold it into a ball. Was wondering if you can use it in the water and will hold
 
Per this video it is usable in water and will hold. I realize this video is by the vendor, but I've always found @MarineDepot to be very trustworthy.

 
I saw that video they are usually trustworthy always like to the hobbiests opinion
I totally hear ya there. I want to try some soon, so hopefully I'll have a good report for you, but it won't be quick enough to give info anytime soon.
 
This stuff works great but be careful. You can only resuse it a few times before it loses stickiness. Also, know what you're doing because it doesn't stick to anything after a couple seconds under the water. Also, I have to put the water in the microwave so it's steaming hot or else it doesn't "activate" very quickly or at all
 
I use it and love it. It doesn't hold frags real tight, so after I make my mold I superglue it and it doesn't budge.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new