Aquamaxx reef welder

  • Thread starter Thread starter Walts O
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Walts O

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2015
Messages
106
Reaction score
41
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried aquamaxx reef welder.It's tiny beads of plastic you put it hot water and it softens and you mold it into a ball. Was wondering if you can use it in the water and will hold
 
Per this video it is usable in water and will hold. I realize this video is by the vendor, but I've always found @MarineDepot to be very trustworthy.

 
I saw that video they are usually trustworthy always like to the hobbiests opinion
I totally hear ya there. I want to try some soon, so hopefully I'll have a good report for you, but it won't be quick enough to give info anytime soon.
 
This stuff works great but be careful. You can only resuse it a few times before it loses stickiness. Also, know what you're doing because it doesn't stick to anything after a couple seconds under the water. Also, I have to put the water in the microwave so it's steaming hot or else it doesn't "activate" very quickly or at all
 
I use it and love it. It doesn't hold frags real tight, so after I make my mold I superglue it and it doesn't budge.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new