Aquamaxx vs Reef Octopus

WhenKeepinItReefGoesWrong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm planning a new build with a 130g display and 30g sump. I'm debating protein skimmers and the 2 I am most interested in are:

Reef Octopus Regal 150 INT

vs

Aquamaxx ConeS DCQ-2

I've read tons of positive reviews on the Reef Octopus, the only thing I'm concerned about is it being slightly undersized for the tank. BRS lists it as good for a heavily stocked 100g tank, while the Aquamaxx is rated for a heavily stocked 190g system. I am fairly skeptical on the ratings since the apparent size of the Reef Octopus is larger than the Aquamaxx, but the rating is for half the stocking. Curious to know everyone's thoughts!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi all,

I'm planning a new build with a 130g display and 30g sump. I'm debating protein skimmers and the 2 I am most interested in are:

Reef Octopus Regal 150 INT

vs

Aquamaxx ConeS DCQ-2

I've read tons of positive reviews on the Reef Octopus, the only thing I'm concerned about is it being slightly undersized for the tank. BRS lists it as good for a heavily stocked 100g tank, while the Aquamaxx is rated for a heavily stocked 190g system. I am fairly skeptical on the ratings since the apparent size of the Reef Octopus is larger than the Aquamaxx, but the rating is for half the stocking. Curious to know everyone's thoughts!
I’ve owned many reef octopus and octopus models and last skimmer, Aqua max was totally impressive and quiet

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back