Aquarists for Ocean Science

Captain-Barnacle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahoy,

Diving back into aquariums for research into ocean climate-science research. Reefers, along with reef-natives and professional oceanographers, know the most about how the ocean works, and that there is so much more to know.

Dual resident in Ilwaco WA (Lower Columbia River/Pacific Coast) and Austin Texas (Gulf Coast). Early aquarium experience at Smithsonian and National Zoo fifty years ago, when modern Saltwater Reef Aquarium practice was emerging. Sailor, seakayer, kite-pro, technologist.

Looking for anyone interested in Reef Citizen Science collaboration, from K-12 curriculum to advanced research.

Captain Barnacle,
At Your Service!

(Dave Santos Gorena-Guinn [email protected])

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahoy,

Diving back into aquariums for research into ocean climate-science research. Reefers, along with reef-natives and professional oceanographers, know the most about how the ocean works, and that there is so much more to know.

Dual resident in Ilwaco WA (Lower Columbia River/Pacific Coast) and Austin Texas (Gulf Coast). Early aquarium experience at Smithsonian and National Zoo fifty years ago, when modern Saltwater Reef Aquarium practice was emerging. Sailor, seakayer, kite-pro, technologist.

Looking for anyone interested in Reef Citizen Science collaboration, from K-12 curriculum to advanced research.

Captain Barnacle,
At Your Service!

(Dave Santos Gorena-Guinn [email protected])

I've been out of marine biology and research for a while now. Do you have a site with info? And also, we're glad you're here!

OP
OP
Captain-Barnacle

Captain-Barnacle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been out of marine biology and research for a while now. Do you have a site with info? And also, we're glad you're here!
"Do you have a site with info?"

Not really, although there are many partial related matches. Hoping this is the site!

What is clear is that realistic reef biomes need to be urgently created for controlled experiments to explore how to recover and sustain wild reef health. There are naive characters claiming millions of dollars in investment for dumping treatments. The problems are far more subtle, how to coax reef health by deep understanding and humility, by exact interventions, like how tank problems are solved.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back