Aquarium Build Brainstorming

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see the one on Facebook Market Place with the Granite Stand? Had to do about a 60 mile Radius from Raleigh to see it Says 125 Gallons, but I think the aquarium holds more water than that.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, that's probably the route I'm going to go. Someone is selling a Red Sea 350 for $950 about 5 minutes from my house. Do you think that's a good deal or should I keep looking and waiting?
Depends on what it comes with and what your goals are, etc. I see good deals pop up all the time. I also just saw that you're in Raleigh. I'm down in North Myrtle Beach. I recommend joining carolina aquatic exchange on Facebook as well, I see good deals on there.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense. How did you get your system for only $1000?
Aqueon tank, homemade stand, in wall display, black box lighting, RUGF filtration.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, that's probably the route I'm going to go. Someone is selling a Red Sea 350 for $950 about 5 minutes from my house. Do you think that's a good deal or should I keep looking and waiting?
Depends on how much trust you have in a used box for holding a potential disaster waiting to happen.

Gundy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You would save an enormous amount of money if you can buy a used complete set up. Be patient and find one that is only a few years old and well maintained. You might have to go a litter bigger but if you have the room and it’s a good buy, it’s a total win. Used tanks loose their value and my guess is that you can save 50% if you found the right set up and didn’t have to buy a lot of new equipment.

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would save an enormous amount of money if you can buy a used complete set up. Be patient and find one that is only a few years old and well maintained. You might have to go a litter bigger but if you have the room and it’s a good buy, it’s a total win. Used tanks loose their value and my guess is that you can save 50% if you found the right set up and didn’t have to buy a lot of new equipment.
Yea that’s the route I probably am going to go.

Ron bogue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to build a 90-120-gallon aquarium. I already have a 32.5-gallon tank and 3 years of experience. Just brainstorming my next project right now. I was wondering what the estimated total cost is for an almost self-sufficient fully maxed out around 90-110-gallon aquarium livestock and all. My budget is probably a maximum of $8,000 but less than that is better. I was thinking of getting the Reefer Max 525 G2+System (112 gallon) or the Reefer Max 425 G2+System (91 gallon). Thoughts?

I am looking to build a 90-120-gallon aquarium. I already have a 32.5-gallon tank and 3 years of experience. Just brainstorming my next project right now. I was wondering what the estimated total cost is for an almost self-sufficient fully maxed out around 90-110-gallon aquarium livestock and all. My budget is probably a maximum of $8,000 but less than that is better. I was thinking of getting the Reefer Max 525 G2+System (112 gallon) or the Reefer Max 425 G2+System (91 gallon). Thoughts?
Innovative marine has 100-150 with sumps and return pumps for $ 2600 far. Better than the red seas

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IM 100 internal.
While it's a nice tank go for the external model.
With their stand you should insert a piece of wood into the upper read tubing the tank sits on.
As close to dimensions as possible. Screws will pull it towards the inside though.
You can do the front too if you want to.
This allows you to affix things into the wood instead of relying on thin wall aluminum stand.
Also the mat under the tank, don't use screws, use a folded piece of tape to hold it. My 1st screw went in crooked, NOT GOOD!

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IM 100 internal.
While it's a nice tank go for the external model.
With their stand you should insert a piece of wood into the upper read tubing the tank sits on.
As close to dimensions as possible. Screws will pull it towards the inside though.
You can do the front too if you want to.
This allows you to affix things into the wood instead of relying on thin wall aluminum stand.
Also the mat under the tank, don't use screws, use a folded piece of tape to hold it. My 1st screw went in crooked, NOT GOOD!
do you have pics of the wood attachment? Been thinking a lot about the light attachment options. I used double sided tape rather than the screws as well. Also dripped some loctite on the cams screws to assist holding. I'd like to find this bracket advertised on Orphek as a light mounting option for the Euro Brace. Any ideas?

best led light mounting arm

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with dimensional lumber. the problem is it's oak. You have to drill it before using screws because it's a hardwood. No pics & I only did the rear support rail. it has to be done during assembly. The inside dimensions are not really complimentary for wood dimensions but like I said screws pull the board to the front so you can get screws into it. If you have a table saw it would be easy to make the right piece.
I hung my lights from the ceiling.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with dimensional lumber. the problem is it's oak. You have to drill it before using screws because it's a hardwood. No pics & I only did the rear support rail. it has to be done during assembly. The inside dimensions are not really complimentary for wood dimensions but like I said screws pull the board to the front so you can get screws into it. If you have a table saw it would be easy to make the right piece.
I hung my lights from the ceiling.
it's too complicated to hang my lights. I'd have to install an outlet in an odd location to feed wires. (it's a balcony above the tank).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back