Aquarium Engineering Sulfur Denitrator

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently received a large unit from Bill and would like to set it up but am not sure how. Can someone on here who has one describe the set up, what kind of supply pump is needed, how much i should fill it, how I start it up, etc. I like to think I'm a reasonably smart person but this one escapes me. Bill Wann had a family emergency and is unable to respond or guide me right at this moment. I was hoping one of our members could get me started until he can help me.

Last edited:

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a korallin.. I would assume they are generally the same. fill the bottom 1/3 of the unit with sulphur pellets - insert sponge separator - then top third with aragonite (assuming yours is an upflow design). let it run for 30 minutes or so.. then slow to a few drips...

you can likely look up the detailed korralin instructions if you search.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes.. but honestly that might be a very expensive route. I used a DOS for my auto water changes and the heads fail with use like that after 6-12 months ($29 each to replace). likely cheaper to add a small pump with a valve on the outlet hose (or maybe Toms aqualifter.. as they usually last a while).

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
though with the DOS.. the issue with fails in the AWC mode was the calibration (and air leak) so they didnt remove / add water at the same amounts (which is an issue).. for your purpose it likely wouldnt matter as much.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back