Aquarium Fish Depot

wgregww

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone purchased fish from them? Their prices seem to good to be true and I hate the heavily edited pictures.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have any experience with them. A search on R2R didn't turn up any hits and there isn't much online other than their own marketing and business info.

exactly GIF

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Any feedback about this vendor? They say their fish are fully quarantined....

OP
OP
W

wgregww

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this answers my question.

DO NOT BUY FROM AQUARIUM FISH DEPOT

First order I ordered a Fiji foxface, they sent a one spot. Second order they didn't include heat packs when shipping to a 35 degree destination as they state on their site. 2 bags were leaked. All fish dead. Now, Mitch the manager refuses to refund even with pictures of the fish dead in original bags and no heat packs to be seen. Arguing that there were heat packs when there were not. I have purchased fish from almost every retailer and this is by far the worst one...

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the recon mission. I am sorry for the loss. Make sure to leave bad reviews on Yelp, Google, etc

melhe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Ooops just read this . I just ordered some fish . I told them to do extra three weeks quarantine. So they will arrive to me end of April . Keep fingers crossed . I hope they arrive alive .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ooops just read this . I just ordered some fish . I told them to do extra three weeks quarantine. So they will arrive to me end of April . Keep fingers crossed . I hope they arrive alive .
tell them to include water in the bags also

melhe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Received those tangs today . Well packaged and all fish very active . ( my tank maintenance company did 2.5 hours acclimation ) . Since I don’t have QT tank . The store helped me to QT 3 weeks . So far so good . If anything go south I’ll let u know

only thing is yellow tail tamarin wrasse I ordered size medium . But come in tiny , max 2 inches . I figure they might consider medium as different size . Anyway , keep fingers crossed they will do well in next a few weeks

Tazman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received those tangs today . Well packaged and all fish very active . ( my tank maintenance company did 2.5 hours acclimation ) . Since I don’t have QT tank . The store helped me to QT 3 weeks . So far so good . If anything go south I’ll let u know

only thing is yellow tail tamarin wrasse I ordered size medium . But come in tiny , max 2 inches . I figure they might consider medium as different size . Anyway , keep fingers crossed they will do well in next a few weeks
Any update on your fish? I also ordered a Gem Tang from AFD. Due to arrive in 2 weeks

melhe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
They are all good . I ordered a few more fish not shipped yet. On hold for quarantine now. The ones I received Yellow tail tamarin wrasse is really fat eating well . Tangs are tough fish , no issues. gem tang I got from there is healthy and hardy. eats like a pig , not aggressive ( yet ). it was size small , like 2 1/2 inches . I am happy about the store.

Colette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this answers my question.

DO NOT BUY FROM AQUARIUM FISH DEPOT

First order I ordered a Fiji foxface, they sent a one spot. Second order they didn't include heat packs when shipping to a 35 degree destination as they state on their site. 2 bags were leaked. All fish dead. Now, Mitch the manager refuses to refund even with pictures of the fish dead in original bags and no heat packs to be seen. Arguing that there were heat packs when there were not. I have purchased fish from almost every retailer and this is by far the worst one...
Hi…I wish I had seen this sooner. This is a terrible company to buy from. Never again! They did not give me the 10% new customer discount they were advertising. They said all there fish are on sale so I can’t use the code. This was red flag number 1. I should have run then. There was a hole in one of the bags. Luckily the fish survived with little water. They pictured a yellow belly Regal Angel and sent me a gray belly one. Also, one of the Anthias died the next day. When I looked closely I noticed that they sent me two males, and they knew they were going in the same tank. That was on me not noticing the difference before putting them in the tank. They don’t guarantee any of the this I bought and won’t take responsibility for false advertising on the Regal Angel. They wouldn’t give me any kind of refund and is telling they will give me a discount on my next order. No way! Why would ever buy from them again?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back