Aquarium Science Teacher (Groton) In need of Donations

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of stuff that is spare and can come in handy, I also live in town! I have some livestock I can donate as well.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be fantastic! I could definitely come pick it up if shipping is too much. But if you would prefer it, the address is 130 Shennecossett Road. Groton, CT 06340. Thank you so very much!!

No worries, shipping is free for me. Alright, so 2 boxes are on the way, both should arrive on Wednesday. 1 box will contain 2 API test kits, a saltwater master test kit and also a reef test kit. The other box will have GFO filter media. Also, I'd be happy to contribute a bit of money to the cause if you were to set up a gofundme page or something similar ;) Best of luck. Keep us all posted on your progress.

OP
OP
S

Serge Medvedev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you make a list of things you really want

Lights (any sort, t5, t8, metal halides, LEDS)
Hoods (All Sizes)
Chemical test kits (Especially ammonia, phosphates, pH, alkalinity, nitrates, nitrites, calcium)
RODI Supplies
Phosphate sponges
Phosban unit/media
Heaters
Powerheads
Protein Skimmers
Sumps

Sorry. It pretty much sounds like anything and everything.

OP
OP
S

Serge Medvedev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, shipping is free for me. Alright, so 2 boxes are on the way, both should arrive on Wednesday. 1 box will contain 2 API test kits, a saltwater master test kit and also a reef test kit. The other box will have GFO filter media. Also, I'd be happy to contribute a bit of money to the cause if you were to set up a gofundme page or something similar ;) Best of luck. Keep us all posted on your progress.

Thank you so very much!!

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the next couple of months I'll be cleaning out my collection of random aquarium equipment as I'm setting up to move. I'm sure I'll find stuff to donate.

I'm also in Groton.

OP
OP
S

Serge Medvedev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi Mike. I received the package today. A huge thanks. I will start using the media and hopefully be able to set up my reactor today. As for the test kits, such a huge help. Thanks again!

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike. I received the package today. A huge thanks. I will start using the media and hopefully be able to set up my reactor today. As for the test kits, such a huge help. Thanks again!

You're very welcome! Glad to be able to help.

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be dropping off the ro filter with the student tomorrow should have it done by Friday

OP
OP
S

Serge Medvedev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a rodi filter in Griswold which you can have if you'd like I also know a student who goes to your school from this town and probably bring it into you

Hello. Thank you so much for sending the RODI filter with Nick. It is greatly appreciated. Just a quick question. Are the cartridges and membrane still good for a while? Or should I look to replace them soon? Let me know. Thanks again!!!

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad it made it there the filters should be ok. the pressure gauge does not work although I don't really understand why it's there any how a TDS meter would be far more helpful.
when it comes time to change the filters be careful unscrewing the covers from the housing so that you don't crack the housing they're probably on pretty tight good luck with everything glad i could help

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back