Aquarium stand safety

SunlitReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, first time posting here and first time setting up a saltwater aquarium.
I am using a second hand red sea reefer 250 stand to support a (non red sea) peninsula aquarium (also 250l).
This aquarium has an external overflow box so the plumbing wont go trough the original hole in the stand.
Should I patch up the hole to fully support my new aquarium or is it safe to leave it like this?



PXL_20260803_161219854~2.jpg
 
As the other responses have already said, you can safely leave it. Patching it serves no structural purpose for the tank that spans it.
 
Okay thank you! I will just leave the hole as is.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new