Aquarium sump

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2018
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
475
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to do a diy sump
But running into problems. My first problem is the aquarium itself to be the sump. The dt is a marineland land 125 dual overflow. I wanted a 40 breeder since the 40 long has been discontinued. So I thought a 55 gallon from petco
Width and length perfect. Height well would only leave me 3 inches to get equipment out for cleaning. Not ideal at all. So at this point not sure where to go for the sump. I would really like to do a diy sump this time around. What other size tanks could I look at? I thought a 40 long marineland but not sure if they make them. Suggestions please. 20 and 10 g tanks r not ideal.
 
I just bought a 29 gallon tank for my 125. Same footprint as a 20 long, but 6 or 8 inches taller and got baffles from Fiji cube that are made for that size tank...
 
I just bought a 29 gallon tank for my 125. Same footprint as a 20 long, but 6 or 8 inches taller and got baffles from Fiji cube that are made for that size tank...
I just was looking at other lfs in town
Pet supply inc and petsmart brands may have to go with one of those.
 
Haven’t built it yet... waiting for glue for the acrylic hopefully this weekend I’ll have a chance to work on it
 
The sump that came with my 125 is only 30 gallon. That should work just fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new