aquariumlowcost.com, experiences?

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking around for stores selling noopsyche and stumbled across aquariumlowcost.com based out of China.
Their prices looked fairly low so I’m a bit suspicious.
Has anybody had any dealings with them?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

I’ve yet to see any reviews but I have been in contact with them and my initial experience has been a positive one.
I’ll be placing an order soon and let you know how it works out.

TinyTinCans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about ordering the noopsyche K7 from these these guys as well. I was curious how your experience was or if you decided not to purchase from them? thank you.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about ordering the noopsyche K7 from these these guys as well. I was curious how your experience was or if you decided not to purchase from them? thank you.

I’m currently abroad but I’ll be getting home tomorrow and will place the order then. Payment is through PayPal so that should give me some security.

TinyTinCans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking forward to the review. I think these lights might be a great value until I can save more. But if They preform well 4 lights for $500 that could possibly represent great value even if the controller leaves a little to be desired. It would be almost triple the cost to go with Aqua Illumination which is the the light these seem to be compared to the most. Thank you,please keep us posted.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I’ve now placed the order and payed for three fixtures and one controller for 411$.
They should arrive at my friends office in China in a couple of days and she will bring them back to Sweden.
Fingers crossed!

TinyTinCans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is exactly what I was thinking of ordering. How many liters/ gallons is your tank? I have a 150gal all in one 48L 24W 30T. The built in sump is 4”w so basically 25gals. Leaving 125 in the Display. Because of the depth I’m curious if I need 4. My plan is to order three and the use a par meter to see what kind of light penetration I get. Thank you for keeping me posted. there is a pretty straight forward video on the controller on you tube. It looks kinda different but I guess once it’s set it’s not really something that you would be changing all that often.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is exactly what I was thinking of ordering. How many liters/ gallons is your tank? I have a 150gal all in one 48L 24W 30T. The built in sump is 4”w so basically 25gals. Leaving 125 in the Display. Because of the depth I’m curious if I need 4. My plan is to order three and the use a par meter to see what kind of light penetration I get. Thank you for keeping me posted. there is a pretty straight forward video on the controller on you tube. It looks kinda different but I guess once it’s set it’s not really something that you would be changing all that often.

I have a reefer 350 so I guess that would be about 80g US.
I will place these in my existing DIY LED/T5 fixture and the will be supplemented with 4x54w T5’s for better spread/ diffused light.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, the lights have been delivered and picked up. So far so good, they seem legit!
In addition their customer service have been awesome, I had some problems with payment through PayPal but they couldn’t have been more accommodating.
Now it’s just a matter of inspecting the lights on Monday.

TinyTinCans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some frustrating experiences with pay pal in the past. So I can imagine. I been reading a bit on these lights and because of my tank size I’m wondering if the have enough light output to reach the bottom of my tank. I’ve been working my through the black box test post where they put this light up against some off the big light fixtures and a few others. Also Noopsyche is a member in the forum and he seems to give some advice on the controller programming. Either way I’m excited that aquariumlowcost.com seems legitimate as currently still debating between the Noopsyche K7 and the Zetlight Qmaven Gen 2 either way I think I will save over $100 using their site.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sisters-in-law just dropped of the lights.
7e4739abb6ae93bb4f5918013aba9c00.jpg

74ea96019e28063949ea23e1177d7cca.jpg

Everything’s looking great! I just have to change out the plugs to fit EU sockets and do a small modification on my light fixture to make them fit better.

My final review on aquariumlowcost is that they are serious, trustworthy and has great customer care...and the fact that they seem to be the cheapest option for noopsyche isn’t half bad either.

Buy with confidence!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looks great. I should be purchasing within the next few weeks I will post my experience as well.
The real black box study is starting to turn me back to these K7’s as soon as I can get over my indecisiveness I will be purchasing.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-real-black-box-light-study.503052/
I have 2 of the first gen zetlight 6800apex lights. They are just over 2years old. 1 has started cutting out every 20-30 min. I think its overheating even though both fans are running. It puts out awesome light, especially the white, reminds me of 12k halides. I wont be buying them again as they are over priced. Im cinsidering the jeabo AL150 from aquariumlowcost.com though for my 300gal build.

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ic so they are selling the lights produced in china through a back door, fell off the back of truck type of deal.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 73 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back