Statement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Noopsyche does not and has not ever sold aquariumlowcost.com Noopsyche LED’s, mounts, controllers, or Hybrids. They are not built by the manufacturer Noopsyche.

Please understand nobody at Noopsyche has ever heard of this company, we have been diligently looking for them to get them to stop selling LED’s with our name on them.

Please do not support this company as we do not support them.

zie2695

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyche does not and has not ever sold aquariumlowcost.com Noopsyche LED’s, mounts, controllers, or Hybrids. They are not built by the manufacturer Noopsyche. The only person allowed to sell Noopsyche Lighting in the USA is NoopsycheUSA and their Authorized Dealers.

Please understand nobody at Noopsyche has ever heard of this company, we have been diligently looking for them to get them to stop selling LED’s with our name on them.

This is supposed to be there response to the accusation of selling knockoffs....

FB_IMG_1589002154067.jpg

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyche does not and has not ever sold aquariumlowcost.com Noopsyche LED’s, mounts, controllers, or Hybrids. They are not built by the manufacturer Noopsyche. The only person allowed to sell Noopsyche Lighting in the USA is NoopsycheUSA and their Authorized Dealers.

All I can say is that your lights are extremely durable and well made. Mine, which I won on R2R during a giveaway, went swimming one day when I was trying to adjust its position over my tank because I left a screw a bit too loose. I was able to take it apart and clean it with RODI water, and replace the Bluetooth antenna with a DIY version because I broke the original during disassembly, and the thing works as well as it did originally. The lights you guys sell are top notch and I fully intend on integrating the hybrid fixture you guys have when I get a larger tank.
AADD135B-2B69-40DA-BD8E-B85F1831DDF7.jpeg
F1D72821-7159-431B-AC26-0ABECC450403.jpeg
310273AE-312F-4B30-8341-6C3B54C00255.jpeg
39E6B6AB-C0AC-4679-A980-8A8CF53DE008.jpeg

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I bought 8 from them thinking they was the same now I feel ripped off

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should also say I bought one from noopsycheusa and every time i connect the lights to the power it sparks so I’m assuming they all have the same qc issues

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should also say I bought one from noopsycheusa and every time i connect the lights to the power it sparks so I’m assuming they all have the same qc issues
You don’t have the connector mated properly, so it’s loose. You need to twist and push hard so the rubber shroud slips over the other one

every electrical contact in every device will spark if you don’t seat it correctly and leave an air gap

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is supposed to be there response to the accusation of selling knockoffs....

FB_IMG_1589002154067.jpg
No it’s not

that’s the other company “aquariumlowcost” Statement regarding the accusation that they sell knock off Noopsyches.

the way you phrased it makes it sound like that email you posted was from NoopsycheUSA. It isn’t

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not the connection that causes it. When you connect it and you have to bend the wire to turn it on I highly doubt it the connection it’s the wire.

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not saying anything bad I’m just saying that the QC on the lights can be better. So whoever manufactures the light needs to do better QC. All I know is they say they get it from the same source so now a days it’s all the same. Just liken tv’s coming out of the same factory’s with different designs

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not saying anything bad I’m just saying that the QC on the lights can be better. So whoever manufactures the light needs to do better QC. All I know is they say they get it from the same source so now a days it’s all the same. Just liken tv’s coming out of the same factory’s with different designs
But there’s nothing wrong with the QC. Your assembling it incorrectly.
It’s a waterproof connector. I have the same one on an led canister light that I use down to 100ft depth. In that case it’s filled with non conductive grease before you mate it. No other light manufacturer uses them.

id say that was a plus, not a QC fail

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not the connection that causes it. When you connect it and you have to bend the wire to turn it on I highly doubt it the connection it’s the wire.
That’s completely different to what you stated previously though.

if that’s true, it sounds like a nicked wire. If there’s no external damage, it may be a poor soldering job

Is this in the legit Noop or one of the 8 knock offs you bought?

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said I’m not complaining I don’t even care I’m just saying the lights are the same so if it’s a knock off hats off to them for doing a great job

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It still works it’s cheap why waste time to send it out to warranty. I know what I bought I know what I get.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I offended anybody
No offense taken, by me at least. I just know a few people have problems with the connector because they don’t realize it’s a specialized connector that needs more force
to seat correctly

honestly- until noopsyche buys one of the ‘knock-offs’ and tears it down alongside a genuine model, it’s all heresay anyway. I’m in two minds about it- I would have liked to have saved a couple hundred bucks buying from there if there’s no appreciable difference (which we won’t know until a real documented comparison is done), but I trust that the situation is as described by NoopsycheUSA. That trust comes out of my interactions with some of the early adopters and distributors (some of which are local to me, but we’ve never met). most days I feel good that I got a very competitive, useful product at a good price, with a year of support. Some days I feel like that extra coin could havebeen spent on my mounting solution or an extra fixture or a T5 retrofit

it’s like that company that opens up and sells gryphon band saws for $85, but instead of a $500 saw, you get a box with bricks in it and the company web page disappears overnight. in this case, your not getting bricks, but $25 worth of leds and an undersized heatsink with a crap power supply.

or not. I’ve never held a knock off in person so can’t really judge.

you might be in a fairly unique position as a user that has bought from both- what are your thoughts?

Huynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You make a good point I’m going to open them up and see if it’s the same. In no way am I a professional but I can document it and see if it’s the same or are the parts inferior. What’s your thoughts?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back