Statement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the problems with doing business with China. They do not honor international patents and often sell out of the back of the factory the same products manufactured for other companies by agreement. After watching the problems with poor quality test kits, N95 masks, ventilators, and related during the current pandemic why would anyone be surprised by this duplicitous behavior? Let's all act suprised when the two examples are so close you can not tell a difference as a consumer.

China is an unreliable business partner and the sooner we wake up to that fact the sooner we can see how dangerous it is to buy their state propaganda. Remember the state ultimately controls all business in China through direct or in direct means.

The only way to combat these tactics and deceptions is to manufacture in the U.S. in our own facilities. As tangled as the international market is with China it is almost impossible to know who builds and sells what now days. I am against any country or company that participates in the theft of intellectual property.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The really fun part is even when you switch countries of origin, they'll still get a sample, reverse engineer it, and produce a knockoff. I guess at least then it's guaranteed to be poorer quality? Either way, I'd definitely prefer a product made in Taiwan/USA/etc. but that's just me.

macnets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My channel isn’t searchable yet because you have to have at least 3 videos according to YouTube. Right now I’m in process of recording a couple other videos to upload with my review. Editing is taking a bit longer than expected (bc I have next to zero editing experience) but I’m hoping to have it all up by the end of the month. I’ll definitely let you guys know as soon as it’s up.
You can post a link to your channel also

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats why the review companies that last and matter will pay out of pocket from a blind buyer that the manufacturer has no clue about. When a company or distributer even provides the product specifically to be reviewed, there's WAY WAY WAY too much chance and room for tampering to make themselves look better (special firmware,, better gague/quality connections, unrestricted driver output, etc, etc, etc.). Hello VW.

What I like about Noopsyche's reaction to this is they're not blowing things out of proportion. As far as I can tell they've made no outright claim the products are different, just that they back what they sell and support the hobby. I dig that.

Love how your thru VW in there. That is immediately what I thought as I was reading your post.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what their warranty does or does not cover, nor am I sure what being in the US and distributing in the US has to do with a company backing a warranty. I just wanted to share that they claim they do have a warranty that covers the product, but I can’t say that it actually does because I haven’t had to use the warranty. It’s like a lot of companies, even in the US, reading reviews is a mixed bag of positive and negative feedback about the actual product, the customer service, and follow through on warranty. I can’t say I have any feedback on their warranty or NoopsycheUSA because I haven’t had to use either.

It would be very expensive if the only way they honor their warranty is for you to send the light back to China. i have no idea how their warranty works, but I doubt they would just blindly send a new light if needed.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they send a new light take a picture of the serial number and light on all channels 100% and they send a new one without having to send the old one back.

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can post a link to your channel also

Here is the link to my channel. I am still in the editing process of the Noopsyche video, so please be patient. I appreciate everyone’s feedback and interest in this video. The takeaway, I hope, will just be more information for all of you guys to make your own decision about the overall value vs. differences.

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... very interesting, thanks for taking the time to do that... it definitely seems that the major components are the same. Is there any visual difference when you power them up and program them to the same spectrum and intensity?
None that is noticeable. I’ve already done the thermal test and both fans come on at less than 113 degrees like the website claims. I will do another video and show a few more in depth tests I can do with the equipment I have :)

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if the two fans are different CFM.
Although I like the smaller fan as it is borderless and hence able to push air better through the fins vs the bordered one... again not an expert

E4360359-7723-4BF8-BB43-7784446A563E.jpeg
FA9267C6-E6E4-4824-ADB6-D7E3ED34C1E3.jpeg

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if the two fans are different CFM.
Although I like the smaller fan as it is borderless and hence able to push air better through the fins vs the bordered one... again not an expert

E4360359-7723-4BF8-BB43-7784446A563E.jpeg
FA9267C6-E6E4-4824-ADB6-D7E3ED34C1E3.jpeg
It’s possible that the CFM is different, but I didn’t take the time to check the part numbers and specs from the manufacturer. I was just going to time how long it took the fans to cool the unit after the controller told them to come on. (And see which fan was more quiet)

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Strawberry
I am wondering if the small difference you are seeing is due to the fact that the non-aquariumlowcost light is a year plus old?
Also anyone can stamp CE on their product, its a self regulatory thing, unlike UL or CSA certification.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back