Aquasana Vs. RO/DI

  • Thread starter Thread starter ItsAName
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I would test it with a tds meter and see how it comes out. If it's 0 then I'd think it's fine.
 
I think your house filter is approximately equivalent to the prefilters I use before my ro filter. The purpose of the prefilters in this set up is primarily to remove the largest particles to extend the life of the ro filter. The ro filter is where I'm getting the bulk of the benefit from. The DI resin is catching whatever makes it past the ro.

If you are going to keep coral there's s chance your house filter won't pull everything it needs to. If you are keeping a fish only tank it may be sufficient, but still may not. I noticed chlorine is removed at a rate of 95% which could be problematic even in a fish only tank.
 
FWIW, I find some of their claims to be exaggerated. Look at the scale prevention "simulation" pictures. Even the outside of the untreated pipes are corroded, and the ones using this "method" are not even tarnished outside. lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new