Aquascape feedback

RudeDawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Looking for some feedback on my aquascape for a red sea nano peninsula. I feel that it looks a little thin. What do you guys think? I'm still going to add a few pieces of live rock from my 5gal Pico to seed the dry rock once I fill the new tank.

20230810_214645.jpg 20230810_214704.jpg 20230810_214709.jpg 20230810_214726.jpg

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion on NSA’s isn’t entirely positive … I believe in the beginning (at least) there isn’t enough consideration for cover/habitat and too much emphasis on artistry/aesthetics …
Maybe once the corals grow, then eventually maybe, but in the meantime, even turbo snails and CUC need space/cover to hide, rest, escape aggression; both day and night

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s pretty. I dont think it’s nearly enough rock personally. But it’s your tank man, do what makes you happy. You have options. You could start with that and see where you get, but I think you would end up adding more in the long run and risk losing livestock without enough rock. Than again, it depends a lot on your plans for the tank.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s pretty. I dont think it’s nearly enough rock personally. But it’s your tank man, do what makes you happy. You have options. You could start with that and see where you get, but I think you would end up adding more in the long run and risk losing livestock without enough rock. Than again, it depends a lot on your plans for the tank.
Agreed and really a much better/softer/polite way of saying basically the same thing;
you probably need more rock or hiding places depending on your fish/livestock selection …
I should have added/ “looks good”

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks great, but I also have the opinion that it only works for certain fish. A lot of nano fish like to hide in the rocks, so they are deprived of something they require to be comfortable and feel safe.

OP
OP
RudeDawg

RudeDawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on keeping a pair of clownfish, royal gramma, and adding the flaming prawn goby that's currently housed in my pico tank. As far as corals, mixed reef with a heavy emphasis on sps once the tank matures and I feel ready for it. I'll be honest, I really wasn't thinking on the livestock, but more on the aesthetics and space for sps grow out. Thank you fellas for the feedback. I will be adding live rock from my pico, and plan on making a cave of sorts...

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need hiding spots. You need more rock for filtration, too. You can still do an arch like this - just build up a small pile of rock in one corner, around the base of one side of the arch.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back