Aquascaping with Marco rocks

Glue Masters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No 8oz thin available on Amazon =(. Do you prefer people to purchase directly from your site instead? Amazon spoils me with 2 day shipping. I been buying the 8oz thick for frags but I assume for rocks, thin is best?
We don't carry it on amazon due to its viscosity, you really need to know what you are doing when working with super thin glue like that. Ventilation, gloves and eye protection is a must. As far as shipping goes, it would have had to travel ground even when we had it on amazon, due to DOT hazmat regulations, so even if it was ranked "prime" you could only get it as fast as 2 days if you were close to a warehouse it got auto distributed to.

We do special R2R 15% lifetime discount on all products on our site, hopefully it helps :)

Thank you for your question!

OP
OP
rainsong

rainsong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't carry it on amazon due to its viscosity, you really need to know what you are doing when working with super thin glue like that. Ventilation, gloves and eye protection is a must. As far as shipping goes, it would have had to travel ground even when we had it on amazon, due to DOT hazmat regulations, so even if it was ranked "prime" you could only get it as fast as 2 days if you were close to a warehouse it got auto distributed to.

We do special R2R 15% lifetime discount on all products on our site, hopefully it helps :)

Thank you for your question!
LOL ... I am getting mine overnight from you. It helps to live in the same state :)

OP
OP
rainsong

rainsong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. It does help to know what you are going to do with the tank when building your scape.

2. I personally think so, but many people don't use them and it works out fine.

3. I used this method for my latest build. You can see details in my build thread for step by steps and stuff. I ended up using a lot of glue.

4. I did not use the eMarco cement and I did not have any issues with them staying together. If I do it again, I will use the cement to attach the base rock to the flat foundation rock. Otherwise you use a lot of glue.
Enjoyed your build thread! That is a great looking tank and sump!

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoyed your build thread! That is a great looking tank and sump!
Thanks. The very thin superglue from GlueMasters is really good, but needing ventilation and gloves is no joke. Even in my shop (a 3 car garage) with one of he big doors open, I still needed a fan to blow the fumes away from the pieces I was working on. Be mindful that when you use a lot of the glue to create the sand cement, that area will get very hot. Also, be prepared for the glue to drip down onto the surface you are work on and that your rocks might try to stick to that as well.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ya'll...dang these are some great aquascapes!

OP
OP
rainsong

rainsong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The very thin superglue from GlueMasters is really good, but needing ventilation and gloves is no joke. Even in my shop (a 3 car garage) with one of he big doors open, I still needed a fan to blow the fumes away from the pieces I was working on. Be mindful that when you use a lot of the glue to create the sand cement, that area will get very hot. Also, be prepared for the glue to drip down onto the surface you are work on and that your rocks might try to stick to that as well.
Good tips ... thanks!

Glue Masters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on. +100 on all the points.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 81.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back