aquaspin: is it good?

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot all about this device. Is it available to the public? I don't see it anywhere for sale here in Canada (but that doesn't mean it isn't elsewhere). I read the following review about it a couple years ago. It sounds like API was marketing it to fish stores to use to do testing (store tanks and maybe customer water samples). I agree that it sounds like a rebranded Spin Touch. It (and the Spin Touch) sound pretty decent.

OP
OP
SlugSnorter

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spinTouchFF Is. API is store only i think
I forgot all about this device. Is it available to the public? I don't see it anywhere for sale here in Canada (but that doesn't mean it isn't elsewhere). I read the following review about it a couple years ago. It sounds like API was marketing it to fish stores to use to do testing (store tanks and maybe customer water samples). I agree that it sounds like a rebranded Spin Touch. It (and the Spin Touch) sound pretty decent.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spinTouchFF Is. API is store only i think
Thanks! That's what I thought. This post is timely. I'm getting tired of doing all of the manual tests so was looking at the Hanna eggs but maybe an investment into an AIO like this is worth a second look. :)

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they recommend it or is it a solid "no"? :)
I believe the consensus is that it is expensive but great for quick testing and following trends. If you get a result that seams out of wack then a follow up test with another brand would help confirm.

ret25yo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been trying to research this thing as both my LFS use them..unfortunately they both give me different results! So aggravating when one tells me my dkh is like 5.3 and 8.0 then I home test with hanna at 7.9..

Jo P White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted the company last month and they don’t sell to the public. The rep said you might try convincing a LFS to buy one for you. But if they aren’t consistent like you’re experiencing it’s probably not worth the hassle of trying to buy one.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back