aquaspin: is it good?

I forgot all about this device. Is it available to the public? I don't see it anywhere for sale here in Canada (but that doesn't mean it isn't elsewhere). I read the following review about it a couple years ago. It sounds like API was marketing it to fish stores to use to do testing (store tanks and maybe customer water samples). I agree that it sounds like a rebranded Spin Touch. It (and the Spin Touch) sound pretty decent.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/api-aquaspin-tests-aquarium-water-with-built-in-photometer.737264/
 
spinTouchFF Is. API is store only i think
I forgot all about this device. Is it available to the public? I don't see it anywhere for sale here in Canada (but that doesn't mean it isn't elsewhere). I read the following review about it a couple years ago. It sounds like API was marketing it to fish stores to use to do testing (store tanks and maybe customer water samples). I agree that it sounds like a rebranded Spin Touch. It (and the Spin Touch) sound pretty decent.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/api-aquaspin-tests-aquarium-water-with-built-in-photometer.737264/
 
spinTouchFF Is. API is store only i think
Thanks! That's what I thought. This post is timely. I'm getting tired of doing all of the manual tests so was looking at the Hanna eggs but maybe an investment into an AIO like this is worth a second look. :-)
 
same thoughts from me too
Thanks! That's what I thought. This post is timely. I'm getting tired of doing all of the manual tests so was looking at the Hanna eggs but maybe an investment into an AIO like this is worth a second look. :)
 
Do they recommend it or is it a solid "no"? :)
I believe the consensus is that it is expensive but great for quick testing and following trends. If you get a result that seams out of wack then a follow up test with another brand would help confirm.
 
I believe the consensus is that it is expensive but great for quick testing and following trends. If you get a result that seams out of wack then a follow up test with another brand would help confirm.
That sounds like positive feedback. :-)
 
I been trying to research this thing as both my LFS use them..unfortunately they both give me different results! So aggravating when one tells me my dkh is like 5.3 and 8.0 then I home test with hanna at 7.9..
 
I contacted the company last month and they don’t sell to the public. The rep said you might try convincing a LFS to buy one for you. But if they aren’t consistent like you’re experiencing it’s probably not worth the hassle of trying to buy one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new