Aquastik screwed up tank?

caseytatum44

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2014
Messages
47
Reaction score
4
Location
Baltimore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought and used a small amount of the Aquastik epoxy by two little fishies Friday afternoon. The instructions stated to turn off your protein skimmer if you use a large amount. I only used a piece about the size of a quarter and came down to my protein skimmer overflowing terribly. I turned it off and have not been able to turn it back on without the same thing happening. I even tried turning down the skimmer a ton with no luck. Its been over the 36 hours they mention to keep it off for, am I missing something here?
 
That's normal and nothing to worry about. It usually subsides for me overnight, but can last longer as you're experiencing.
 
Ok thanks, I'm noticing a lot of more bubbles coming into my sump from the overflow and just hasn't seemed to improve. Should I just turn on my skimmer and just pull the plug on the cup until it settles?
 
I prefer to let it run and drain into the sump (after cleaning the cup) until it subsides. That way you still get the oxygenation benefits and can see when it's back to normal. Having said that, it's really no big deal to turn it off for a day or two if that's easier for you.
 
thanks, I'm not buying this junk again. the other stuff I had was much easier to use and I never had these problems.
 
I usually leave my skimmer running but with the AquaC Remora I can take out the collection cup. After about 3-4 days I put the cup back in/on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new