Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tpack17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I am reading based on people that have been doing retrofits for years, most LED's cannot make up the difference of blue, but they can make up the difference of white over the T5's color output.

So basically it's a lot easier to "whiten" the tank with the LED's than it is to make it "bluer" with them.
With 3 Radion g4’s I could not overcome white color of coral plus. I have b+ and actinic. Pretty decent color. Not too blue or white.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans to re-route the wiring so that both power cords come out the same side?

blebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any plans to re-route the wiring so that both power cords come out the same side?
i have the 24 inch.

if they "fix" where the wire comes out this will increase the cost. its easier to manufacture it this way. they have to just make 2 of the same item instead of 2 different items.

the wiring is slightly annoying but ok by me because the price point for what they are offering is great. the wire just needs to be longer imo.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the 24 inch.

if they "fix" where the wire comes out this will increase the cost. its easier to manufacture it this way. they have to just make 2 of the same item instead of 2 different items.

the wiring is slightly annoying but ok by me because the price point for what they are offering is great. the wire just needs to be longer imo.

The fixture would be the same, the only difference is where they drill the hole and wired opposite of what it is now. If I were to buy the fixture now that is what I would do. I can’t see the orientation in which the wire is run adding to the price that much if at all. While I think the idea is great I don’t want it to look diy and in my opinion running wires around the fixture and having an extension cord run up to the fixture gives it a diy look. As with many new products refinement is sometimes needed and I think cleaning up the wiring will go a long way.

blebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The fixture would be the same, the only difference is where they drill the hole and wired opposite of what it is now. If I were to buy the fixture now that is what I would do. I can’t see the orientation in which the wire is run adding to the price that much if at all. While I think the idea is great I don’t want it to look diy and in my opinion running wires around the fixture and having an extension cord run up to the fixture gives it a diy look. As with many new products refinement is sometimes needed and I think cleaning up the wiring will go a long way.
the 2 pieces are literally the same piece. if you change it the way you suggest they need 2 production lines, which would increase the cost.

i agree it is not the ideal design. my tank looks great though.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like they are back in Pre-Order (as stock is depleted) at MarineDepot. At least they are having a 15% sale right now :)
Hopefully more inventory is available in the next few weeks...

blebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i decided to keep my kessil on outed mounting arm so i could change the height and angle independently.

my lights are 6 inches over the water

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed mine like it so far but the cord needed splicing to get it long enough to route through walls. Nothing a little soldering and shrink wrap tubing didn't fix.

Herby’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two of the mounting Arms that are pictured on the first page of this thread. They are actually made for another light, but were modified to work. They look great, but I worry about the weight on the back of my tank. This light (48 inch) is pretty heavy. Any idea how much the back glass of my 130 gallon rimless planet aquarium tank can hold? I assumed it was ok since the company makes the mount and they pictured it used this way, but when I hung the light I started to worry.

Thanks in advance.

David

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two of the mounting Arms that are pictured on the first page of this thread. They are actually made for another light, but were modified to work. They look great, but I worry about the weight on the back of my tank. This light (48 inch) is pretty heavy. Any idea how much the back glass of my 130 gallon rimless planet aquarium tank can hold? I assumed it was ok since the company makes the mount and they pictured it used this way, but when I hung the light I started to worry.

Thanks in advance.

David

Well the mounts were for another light and not these. I personally won't use it on a glass. It's a lot of weight staining the glass.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks in advance.

David
The fixture at the show was a 36" unit and it was supported by the Halo arms. It did work but I do not like that much weight on the aquarium glass. It would be better to use a mount that attached to the stands to support the weight.

This was earlier in the thread where they did not recommend the weight on the glass.

Herby’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much,

I was thinking that was the answer. I appreciate you finding that for me. I missed that part of the thread

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e6d11f0357ba08be8fcc5d6677d20a6a.jpg

d7f6b1b09693da2eb5a4b2d81140daaf.jpg

Well skin and mold the box then paint. When I get a chance.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 148 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back