Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ashr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my 24" light up today with my AI 26 HD!! Just need to clean up the wires. I also sent in my rebate so I got I get a nice check soon ;) I just need the end plates to make it complete.
I also went with the two light stands that attach to the stand. A bit pricey up here in Canada but not much I can do.

Went with 2 ATI Blue Plus and 2 ATI Actinic. I will replace one actinic with another blue plus when I get a chance though. I have also attached my AI profile that I am gonna try out.

T1.jpg

t2.jpg

AI profile.PNG

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone confirm that the aquatic life 48” fixture comes with brackets that will fit three radions? That was my impression from the BRS listing. Also, do I need to get additional screws, and if so does anyone have that thread pitch/length?

@AquaticLifeProducts

AfHwgWR.jpg

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone confirm that the aquatic life 48” fixture comes with brackets that will fit three radions? That was my impression from the BRS listing. Also, do I need to get additional screws, and if so does anyone have that thread pitch/length?

@AquaticLifeProducts

AfHwgWR.jpg
Mine came with the brackets to do 3 radions and 3 kessils each so you should be set. Also I just used the screws in the radions themselves, so again should be good.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@AquaticLifeProducts

AfHwgWR.jpg

I cannot confirm all that for the black one, but the 48” white fixture came with everything... I have 3 radions as well...
312ec7a1d7c4b66f26574d4d57eb63a1.jpg

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot confirm all that for the black one, but the 48” white fixture came with everything... I have 3 radions as well...
312ec7a1d7c4b66f26574d4d57eb63a1.jpg

Bulkreefsupply site says it comes with only one fixture bracket?

Oh I see, they screw onto the fixture itself without the bracket. Sweet. You’re comfortable with the length of the standard radion screws? Don’t want my new Gen 4s taking a bath.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulkreefsupply site says it comes with only one fixture bracket?

Oh I see, they screw onto the fixture itself without the bracket. Sweet. You’re comfortable with the length of the standard radion screws? Don’t want my new Gen 4s taking a bath.

Yes, they have a small hole at the top of the screws... insert small allen wrench and you can softly torque the screws onto the bracket... I check them every now and then, but they arent going anywhere...
25910e2b0bbe831fcba55f80b0603786.jpg

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they have a small hole at the top of the screws... insert small allen wrench and you can softly torque the screws onto the bracket... I check them every now and then, but they arent going anywhere...
25910e2b0bbe831fcba55f80b0603786.jpg

And that applies to using 2 XR30s and an xr15 in it? Someone told me that I needed to call aquatic life to get the specific configuration I needed. I ordered the white units from BRS, and they said that it comes with three rectangular fixture brackets.

Edit:

In case it was unclear, my confusion came from this- “1 standard fixture bracket”. BRS confirmed that it was a mistake, a bad listing, thanked me for noticing, and they are getting it fixed ASAP

uZkvoQ9.jpg

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that applies to using 2 XR30s and an xr15 in it? Someone told me that I needed to call aquatic life to get the specific configuration I needed. I ordered the white units from BRS, and they said that it comes with three rectangular fixture brackets.

Edit:

In case it was unclear, my confusion came from this- “1 standard fixture bracket”. BRS confirmed that it was a mistake, a bad listing, thanked me for noticing, and they are getting it fixed ASAP

uZkvoQ9.jpg

If you got the white... you will have everything you need... quit worrying... lol

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Kyl and PerplexyHexy for the help.

Im so excited, my dual 48" units and 6 radions (4 XR30w Pro and 2 XR15w Pro) arrive Wednesday. ;Woot.

I was deciding between 6 XR30s and this combo, which is "kind of 5 XR30s" and the two aquaticlife fixtures. Pretty much the same price, but I think this coverage will be better than getting a sixth radion- I don't need the power, just the spread.

Silentreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inside length is right at 23 3/16". I see the Radios are 11.8", I think the two would be too long.
Would there be a way to maybe modify the fixture a little? I have a 30 inch long tank with a center brace so 1 xr30 makes a weird shadow in the upper portion of the tank and i already have 2

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
@AquaticLifeProducts , any idea when you will start producing brackets for the new kessil a360x, it looks to be wider than the a360w-e?

Not sure yet, we were caught off guard and waiting on the specifications from Kessil. They are going to send me the drawings of the housing so I can work on the changes to the bracket.

I'm thinking that I can have a bracket made that will work for both models. Create the larger hole needed for the 360X and then have a rubber bushing on the inner perimeter that will reduce the hole size to work with the 360W.

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to send my way.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Would there be a way to maybe modify the fixture a little? I have a 30 inch long tank with a center brace so 1 xr30 makes a weird shadow in the upper portion of the tank and i already have 2

The only thing I can think of is a spacer on the ends of the fixture. Problem is I do not have access to a longer screw that would work for a thicker end.

Wish I had a better solution.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back