Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dimming unit with a single power cord. If the demand is there for the single cord without dimming I'm sure we could put that in the assortment. The new unit will not be modular like the current unit as it will be fully assembled.

Oh man, I got my fixtures under two weeks ago, I would have loved 1 wire/dimming. Bummer! I guess you win some, you lose some. Still loving how mine looks- if you need a beta tester to add all those radions to the new unit, and take photos, i'm your guy ;):D

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Oh man, I got my fixtures under two weeks ago, I would have loved 1 wire/dimming. Bummer! I guess you win some, you lose some. Still loving how mine looks- if you need a beta tester to add all those radions to the new unit, and take photos, i'm your guy ;):D

I will let the group know when I have a few for testing. You will need a dual 0 - 10 V controller for the two ballast.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will let the group know when I have a few for testing. You will need a dual 0 - 10 V controller for the two ballast.

I have 0-10v control through apex, just let me know! Could do a video review as well, my last one (which I did for fun, didn’t really put much time in) got 36k views on YouTube :).

Last edited:

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again Dave for bringing those reflectors to RAP for me... Once again going out of your way for your customers... another reason why I support and use your products...

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can mod them to one wire if you have any type of electrical aptitude. Ballast wouldn't be too hard to swap and mod for 0-10v inputs, debated doing it for my frag system, but they're pricey at double the standard one.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Any updates on the kessil 360x bracket?

We started the design and are looking to see if we can modify the existing tooling.

I do know that the universal LED bracket will work with the Kessil M5 screw but it sits below the T5 housing, versus out the top.

raultsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my T5 hybrid. It was kind of a pain to mount inside my canopy but it came out pretty good
A5E375D1-DD7F-4047-9315-59E53D36B2CE.jpeg

F1CF9922-EDE7-4F87-8C93-E76EF483FF35.jpeg

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance a 20” end bracket will make an appearance? I’d love to use these with my Reefbreeder Photons but don’t need a 24” wide fixture. My tank is 24” wide and I’m afraid of too much light spilling. Unless you don’t see an issue with it?

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our biggest concern is mounting a fixture to the glass directly with a mount. I have seen the stand mount options so the weight is on the stand and not the glass. That is the way I would go.
I sure wish you guys would make a leg kit for these. I can kind of understand the concern for using kessil mounting arms because of the way they mount to the glass but legs like coralife uses that mounts on the inside and top edge of the glass on each side of the aquarium should work. Having to hang these shrinks your customer base. A lot of people don't want to hang a light from the ceiling for their aquarium. Great light but very limited mounting options.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I sure wish you guys would make a leg kit for these. I can kind of understand the concern for using kessil mounting arms because of the way they mount to the glass but legs like coralife uses that mounts on the inside and top edge of the glass on each side of the aquarium should work. Having to hang these shrinks your customer base. A lot of people don't want to hang a light from the ceiling for their aquarium. Great light but very limited mounting options.

Problem is with the short legs is you put most LED to close to the water, we tried making taller legs 6" and they are just not sturdy enough. To make them sturdy it would make them look really bulky. So we made the fixture hangers that mount to the stands.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Any chance a 20” end bracket will make an appearance? I’d love to use these with my Reefbreeder Photons but don’t need a 24” wide fixture. My tank is 24” wide and I’m afraid of too much light spilling. Unless you don’t see an issue with it?

The fixture do have 1.75" of space used up in each fixture for the ballast housing. So the 24" wide is really only around 20.5" of lighted space centered under the fixture.

I have been in contact with Reef Breeders to see what the fixtures would require to work together.

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticLifeProducts , for the silicone end bulb connectors, do you reccomend adding grease/lube/vasoline on the inside of them? I just recently purchased a used unit and recently read a thread about them melting to the bulbs.

Sorry if I missed it if it's In this thread.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
@AquaticLifeProducts , for the silicone end bulb connectors, do you reccomend adding grease/lube/vasoline on the inside of them? I just recently purchased a used unit and recently read a thread about them melting to the bulbs.

Sorry if I missed it if it's In this thread.

The sockets have been fine, it’s the lamp clips that have given me some hit or miss problems. If the lamp clips have the white coating I would remove just in case. Or send me a PM with your address and I will mail out a set.

If the clips are silver, no changes needed.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clips aren't a big issue, just warm up the tubes and be very careful pulling the tongs back so you don't snappy snappy the bulb. Takes like a minute of the ballast being on and they un-stick.

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20181030_223612.jpg
20181030_223630.jpg

So yea, it appears I have the white clips and while taking a further look, they appear to have burn marks on them. I'm guessing I can just cut the white parts off and I should be fine right?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back