Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Thanks for the info Dave. Here are the dimensions for the compact orphek. More than likely the orphek is too wide.

Due to the width you would need to add the 24” decorative covers or the 24” endplates to expand the fixture plus a set of 24” LED brackets to mount the Orphek. This gives you around 12” of width down the middle of the fixtures, it will increase the fixtures width to 23.25” x the length of the fixture.

Let me know.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my tank is 20" wide and has an aio area in the back which would render most of the t5 lighting out of range for the main display. Thanks for the quick responses Dave.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Realized I haven't given shots of the AL "EU" brackets supporting a black box yet, but I'm currently having a ballast issue so it's not so pretty looking with a sunblaster zip-tied to the problem bank.. Suffice to say, the 8-1/4" black box (Mars Hydro in my case) fixtures do just barely fit, though some may have to remove some of the side screws since they bulge out a lot, or run with some very low profile ones.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to the response we will be releasing a white ceiling cover early January.

The R2R communities suggestions are much appreciated!!!

Thanks.

I love mine... woked out great... just spray painted mine white to match everything... thanks again Dave!!! They just make everything look nice and clean...
697bbb02cd39f562caf53e74d70888e8.jpg

044401dd388d42e8b76b97863fdcde1e.jpg

I used white chalkboard textured spray paint... no glare, just a nice matte finish to match the fixture...

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave @AquaticLifeProducts Happy New Year. Any new updates on the single power cord fixtures? Setting up a new tank next month and looking to go with the Hybrid fixture using Kessil A360x. Need to limit the power cords if possible.

Thank you,
HG

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Dave @AquaticLifeProducts Happy New Year. Any new updates on the single power cord fixtures? Setting up a new tank next month and looking to go with the Hybrid fixture using Kessil A360x. Need to limit the power cords if possible.

Thank you,
HG

Happy New Year!!!

I should have the first sample in two weeks for review. These will be single cord dimmable units. They are setup as fixed width at 18” and will except the new 360x cradle brackets.

Hope to have the fixture ready by March/April.

Might be able to show some photos if it looks good.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year!!!

I should have the first sample in two weeks for review. These will be single cord dimmable units. They are setup as fixed width at 18” and will except the new 360x cradle brackets.

Dave,

I look forward too it. Just looking for the single cord fixture. Not sure I'll need the dimmable option.

Will there be single cord fixtures in both models (dimmable/non-dimmable)
Also any chance of implementing timers such as the other fixtures you offer?
Any pre-order options?

Kind regards,
HG

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I look forward too it. Just looking for the single cord fixture. Not sure I'll need the dimmable option.

Will there be single cord fixtures in both models (dimmable/non-dimmable)
Also any chance of implementing timers such as the other fixtures you offer?
Any pre-order options?

Kind regards,
HG[/QUOTE]

The dilemma with a single power cord has been connecting the two sides of the fixture and allowing it to be adjustable.

The new dimmable units will be fully built and by doing so it will be a much bigger boxes to ship. So we figured add the dimming to the units.

We did discuss possibly non dimmable units after dimmable launch but will need to see where we have demand.

As for timers we did not add them to any of the newer units as we found a lot wanted to control with a system wide controller and our previous fixtures did not allow this option.

After we have it all ironed out we will discuss the launch with the resellers for preorders.

Can’t wait to give everyone a look at the new dimmable design.

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year!!!

Can’t wait to get mine! 2x 360x with this fixture will be sweet!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesen’t dimming t5 bulbs shorten the life span and lasting quality of the spectrum it provides? That’s what I’ve always known to be true.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has debunked that for the most part with one of the BRS investigates series.

10:38 specifically.

Last edited:

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll hopefully have my tank up and running around the same time as the new single cord fixture comes out. The single cord is ideal and what I’ve been waiting for but I don’t need the dimmable feature. I guess price with dictate if the single cord is worth it or I might just end up getting the original and rewiring. Any idea where the new fixture might be priced or is it too early?

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dimmable ballast double the price of them basically, so expect like an extra 80-100

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so this was too long in coming, but a ballast issue and the holidays made things not work out so perfectly. This is the result of @AquaticLifeProducts newest ~19.5" support brackets for the T5 fixture, which are designed for the EU market I believe.

t5_blackbox_1
by Kyl, on Flickr

The remaining pictures are behind a spoiler tag so it doesn't clutter up the thread.

t5_blackbox_2
by Kyl, on Flickr

t5_blackbox_3
by Kyl, on Flickr

t5_blackbox_4
by Kyl, on Flickr

t5_blackbox_5
by Kyl, on Flickr

t5_blackbox_6
by Kyl, on Flickr

Blackbox LED's with a maximum width of 8-1/4" are supported without having to widen the fixture as much as with the 24" brackets. Unlike other drop in LED solutions the black boxes require a bit of modding themselves, like removal of the top hanger screws and directly securing the brackets to them with a M5 bolt/nut. As well the side mount housing screws need to be swapped for a low profile head, or removed entirely. This is nothing that anyone with a screwdriver can't do themselves after a trip to any store that carries metric nuts / bolts.

I've mounted this above my frag tank which is height constrained so the T5's have made a large difference in illuminating much more of the tank. Prior to this I was running 4x Sunblaster's mounted to the blackbox previously. Now the T5's are in a proper electronic start ballast, fully secured and about 1.5" higher than they were when mounted to the blackbox housing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back