Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid Mounting System Fixture Reef Hobbyists Have Been Waiting For!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
@AquaticLifeProducts

Quick question for you why is there no kessil mounts for the European market come as standard?

Thanks

Hi,

Actually we decided on this for two reasons. Hope this makes sense.

The first was that Kessil launched the A360X with the larger size housing as we were finalizing the EU units. Not knowing if they were going keep the 360W or only sell the 360X we decided it was best to not include either as they require two different brackets.

We did find is that the 360X will work with the Universal LED bracket that is included with the fixtures, you use the center M5 screw with the 360X and you will not impact the K-link connections. The 360X lower height allow them to not extend to far past the profile of the T5 housing, less than an inch.

Second we wanted to include the cord covers or decorative plates with the black units as they were well received in the USA and Canadian market. This helped with the unknown on the Kessil housing size change.

We did not include the Kessil bracket with the White fixtures as Kessil does not have a white housing so we left them out in both markets.

Let us know if you have any questions.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
The dimmable ballast double the price of them basically, so expect like an extra 80-100

Its proving to be more than just the ballast now. With the new fixture we will need to have a new side extrusion to run the wires from front to back and the shipping box is going to be 4 to 6 times larger as the unit will be fully assembled. We are trying to keep the cost down as much as possible. I hope to have more soon.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did not include the Kessil bracket with the White fixtures as Kessil does not have a white housing so we left them out in both markets.

My black Radions and new white hybrid fixture (over a tank with white stand and black sand) are going to pretend they didn't read this. :p

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been looking for 24" mounting brackets. but no one seems to have them in stock. Any idea when they will be available?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I've been looking for 24" mounting brackets. but no one seems to have them in stock. Any idea when they will be available?

We ran out much quicker than we expected. We will have stock late next week and have them to the vendors shortly afterwards. They will also be on our site too when available.

Sorry about the delay.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquatlicLifeProducts Will these new brackets people are using for blackboxes fit my Rapid LED Corona units? They are 13" long so a NIP too long for the existing brackets to mount them from front to back rather than side to side.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
@AquatlicLifeProducts Will these new brackets people are using for blackboxes fit my Rapid LED Corona units? They are 13" long so a NIP too long for the existing brackets to mount them from front to back rather than side to side.

The black box bracket is too small, the 24" LED brackets offer the most space down the middle of the fixture, right under 12". This was to allow the fixture to rotate 90° but if you're at 13" front to back, I would not have a bracket that could work with that dimension, sorry.

fastest302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dennis,

Send me your address and I can get replacement clips out for you so you have them when you replace lamps in the future.

Went to go replace some bulbs on my 48” unit and they were glued onto the clips is it possible to get new metal clips? Mine have the white rubber on them

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM @AquaticLifeProducts , but in the mean time you can run the fixture for ~5 minutes or so and the bulbs will warm up enough to make the silicone release. One easier way to remove them from the clips is to take a zip tie and slink it around the bulb against the reflector, then pull it out with the zip tie acting as a giant loop. Much easier than trying to pry the bulbs out by hand.

H2Ocooled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small nano tank now but I'm in the process of setting up my new 66 Gallon tank and I'm planning to use the 24" unit with it. I'm having a hard time though deciding on what LED setup I should use with it. I currently have the AI Prime HD over my nano and plan to use it with the 24" unit. The tank is 32" long x 24 wide, I know that 1 AI prime HD is not going to be enough but would adding a 2nd unit to this be good or would i be better off getting one of the AI Hydra 26 units? The plan is for mixed reef but SPS heavy and Acros. The tank is only 20 inch deep so I don't want to blow the LPS on the bottom out with to much light.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I have a small nano tank now but I'm in the process of setting up my new 66 Gallon tank and I'm planning to use the 24" unit with it. I'm having a hard time though deciding on what LED setup I should use with it. I currently have the AI Prime HD over my nano and plan to use it with the 24" unit. The tank is 32" long x 24 wide, I know that 1 AI prime HD is not going to be enough but would adding a 2nd unit to this be good or would i be better off getting one of the AI Hydra 26 units? The plan is for mixed reef but SPS heavy and Acros. The tank is only 20 inch deep so I don't want to blow the LPS on the bottom out with to much light.

Hi Rich, not really sure on the LED. I'm hoping someone who has a tank size similar will chime in here. I have seen more people using multiple smaller LED fixtures to broaden the coverage across the tank when using the hybrids. With your nano were you able to grow SPS?

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi Rich. I have a 65 gallon that's 36 x 18 x 24. It's very SPS dominant. I'm running an AI 26 and AI 52 with the 36" 4-bulbs hybrid fixture . I also have a blasto, 2 lobos, chalices, and 2 scoly. I placed all the non acros on the bottom. My lobos gets really puffy with little shade and less flow, so I have them toward the back. I'm planning to increase the T5 run time. Been running this setup for almost 3 months now. Everyone is happy and doing great.

H2Ocooled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rich, not really sure on the LED. I'm hoping someone who has a tank size similar will chime in here. I have seen more people using multiple smaller LED fixtures to broaden the coverage across the tank when using the hybrids. With your nano were you able to grow SPS?

Yes getting SPS growth in the nano but its pretty shallow and the Prime HD is really kind of overkill for it. The biggest problem is with a 32" long tank is the 36" fixture is going to overlap too much and the 24" is not going to cover the whole tank, but I think it I place the fixture up high enough it will have good coverage with the T5's on the 24 inch. Would it be possible to run 2 AI 26 on the 24 inch unit? I think the AI 26 would be the most I would want to put on there with the 24 inch unit and my new setup is only 20 inch deep.

COreef8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave, are the ballasts in the dimmable model still going to be internally mounted inside the fixture? I have run out of local cabinet space but will make more room if I need to for an external ballast. I've been holding out for the dimmable model since the original was released so I plan to be ready once it is available.

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hint!!!

So I'm just hoping some day you might be able to make an even wider model that can incorporate AI Hydra 52 and Ecotech Radion XR30s mounted perpendicular to the T5s. For those of us with tanks in excess of 24" wide.
And the Kessil 360x^

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Yes getting SPS growth in the nano but its pretty shallow and the Prime HD is really kind of overkill for it. The biggest problem is with a 32" long tank is the 36" fixture is going to overlap too much and the 24" is not going to cover the whole tank, but I think it I place the fixture up high enough it will have good coverage with the T5's on the 24 inch. Would it be possible to run 2 AI 26 on the 24 inch unit? I think the AI 26 would be the most I would want to put on there with the 24 inch unit and my new setup is only 20 inch deep.

I show the Hydra 26 at a little over 7.25", you will have plenty of space in the 24" to fit two of them. I would stay with the 24", not sure the 36" would look good over the tank.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back