• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aquatic life RODI twist in

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

DudeBruh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Admittedly would have purchased the BRS unit if i researches it at the time. It seems to be the gold standard.
However I have no complaints with the aquatic Life 100GPD twist in unit I purchased recently.
I had an issue last week where my di resin cartridge prematurely turned colors. I called there customer service. They gave me a call back same day. Asked I install a TDS unit and give them the numbers. After that they are now sending me a replacement cartridge for free. Customer service is everything. Great experience.

evilchef70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also been researching this rodi maker. Still on the fence but it is getting very good reviews.

OP
OP
DudeBruh

DudeBruh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They also sell the HM inline checkers on their website at cost. Wish I saw that before going to LFS but I was on a time crunch

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this unit with the dual di add on. I like it. I was burning through di, maybe 100g per two canisters.

I changed my house filter to a fine sediment filter, the replaced the sediment and carbon block. Now I've made 50g without any visible use of the di resin.

I work for a distributor that sells this, so I get a really good price on replacements. It's easy to change and less to maintain.

I would recommend this for anyone looking for a rodi unit that needs to produce moderate amounts of water.

OP
OP
DudeBruh

DudeBruh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this unit with the dual di add on. I like it. I was burning through di, maybe 100g per two canisters.

I changed my house filter to a fine sediment filter, the replaced the sediment and carbon block. Now I've made 50g without any visible use of the di resin.

I work for a distributor that sells this, so I get a really good price on replacements. It's easy to change and less to maintain.

I would recommend this for anyone looking for a rodi unit that needs to produce moderate amounts of water.
I’m very curious about this as they said it shouldn't have gone that soon. I used about 90 gallons on one cartridge. My tap water has 88 TDS before filters and the resin only is left to clean up a 2tds reading however. Im only guessing the incoming load determines the average life of the cartridge

What fine filter did you install pre RODI unit?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a carbon block type filter, but it was letting allot of sediment past.

This is what I switched to for the house, except it's the "premium" filter.
https://www.truevalue.com/shop/plum...-water-filter-replacement-cartridges-2-pack-1

It says it should be good for 3 months, but I have to replace it every month. That really opened my eyes to how much sediment was actually in my water.

I'd rather replace the sediment filter for the house and the one on the unit, than burn through the di resin like I was.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back