Aquatop Heaters

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see Aquatop heaters on sale for $11 and the reviews on Amazon seem pretty good, but I don't really trust Amazon reviews (I think a lot are bots). I know Eheim's are the standard, but they are massive in my little 16 gallon tank and I was thinking of getting 2 smaller heaters so they don't touch the sandbed. But I also don't want to cook my fish if these heaters go haywire. Any experience with Aquatop heaters?

Specifically:

Thanks!

reelredfisah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my $.02

i just purchased a new one as for it was time to change mine out. Have to say product looks just fine as far as build quality goes.

installed it and then moved on to some tank maintenance I needed to do.

after a short while I grabbed the heater controller which was not mounted against the wall yet so had free air flow from all sides. This thing was so hot that it feels like it will burn your hand or melt something….again thats with air flow all the way around it and not once the back of it is against a wall or what have you.

contacted support and they have given me the run around. They only respond at night which I do not like. Then they request I supply further details which I do. Next they come up with something else they need me to supply. I then follow this new request only to have them request something else.

Then to sum it up they want me to remove it from tank and cut cord. Send a picture of that and they will then send a new one.

Just bothers me that its been so difficult to get them to stand behind the product. For me this was the first and last product I will purchase from them.

OP
OP
His Coral Highness

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my $.02

i just purchased a new one as for it was time to change mine out. Have to say product looks just fine as far as build quality goes.

installed it and then moved on to some tank maintenance I needed to do.

after a short while I grabbed the heater controller which was not mounted against the wall yet so had free air flow from all sides. This thing was so hot that it feels like it will burn your hand or melt something….again thats with air flow all the way around it and not once the back of it is against a wall or what have you.

contacted support and they have given me the run around. They only respond at night which I do not like. Then they request I supply further details which I do. Next they come up with something else they need me to supply. I then follow this new request only to have them request something else.

Then to sum it up they want me to remove it from tank and cut cord. Send a picture of that and they will then send a new one.

Just bothers me that its been so difficult to get them to stand behind the product. For me this was the first and last product I will purchase from them.
Highly appreciate the detailed response, customer service does mean a lot to me. Thank you!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back