seandre3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First ever saltwater tank and I am loving it! Picked up my tank a few months ago and so far so good! I have been making changes here and there to the tank and trying to upgrade all the stock equipment(recommendation much appreciated!). So far for the third chamber I removed first box and the second box replaced with bio media. Got rid of the ugly filter block for the first chamber and replaced with an intank floss holder. I’ve been doing a lot of research on this tank and it’s so hard to find any recommendations for upgrades.):

So far my inhabitants are:

-pair of clowns
-orchid dottyback
-watchman goby pistol shrimp combo
-single blue chromi (other 2 stressed out and died from my arranging rock)
-3 turbo snail
- about 7 hermit
-feather duster worm
Any recommendations on fish?

Corals:

-candy cane
-baby Duncan
-waving hand
-gsp
-frogspawn coral
-fussy green mushrooms
-orange mushroom
-bird nests coral
-assortment of zoas
-toadstool leather

I REALLY want a torch here soon!

Equipment
-AI prime 16 hd
-hygger mini wave maker
-intank floss holder

Looking for recommendations for a new protein skimmer the one that came with it stopped working as well as a new return pump!

Would love to see some other Recife builds from you guys too!:)

Can’t wait to post more updates

D7C037F5-F4DA-4429-9E9F-E5DD461C3271.jpeg 7B64694D-78C5-4B48-9DE5-53167C670F39.jpeg D761756E-B7E8-43BD-8E91-637F785FEDD2.jpeg 92B1F27E-5F26-4CCA-B8D5-60B4075958C0.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

seandre3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgraded my skimmer to the AquaMaxx 1.5 hob and grabbed a few new corals! Got a hammer, favia, a new Zoa and a red cap. Trying to decide what fish I am wanting next if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!
6758126E-0C4A-4162-8449-B29ADD25B302.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgraded my skimmer to the AquaMaxx 1.5 hob and grabbed a few new corals! Got a hammer, favia, a new Zoa and a red cap. Trying to decide what fish I am wanting next if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!
6758126E-0C4A-4162-8449-B29ADD25B302.jpeg
Tank looks great!

OP
OP
S

seandre3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

Changed my scape just alittle and added a ton of new coral! Got a new frogspawn, mushroom added a couple zoas to my garden, favia, bird nest, acropora and got a rainbow tip anemone!

Added a nero3 power head and love it! It’s so easy to use and makes a world of difference for circulation!

Still trying to decide what other fish I want to add thinking a coral beauty but not sure if it will work out.
6C4E2555-983D-4CAF-B96B-6F3C82DCA3AA.jpeg
DBCB2C50-B051-419A-8599-73C056E6F78D.jpeg
4BA5E1D6-435E-4C3A-ABA5-4AF88B990CA2.jpeg

OP
OP
S

seandre3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2774.jpeg
IMG_2823.jpeg
IMG_2798.jpeg

Corals and fish are happy! Added a bi color angelfish into the mix(I know he’s not reef friendly and tank not best suited LFS told me he’d be fine)

OP
OP
S

seandre3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

Tank is filling up nicely added 3 torches and arranged some coral today. One of my hammers is getting new heads. Lost my cleaner shrimp which is a big bummer no idea what happened I am thinking it was a bad molt since he molted a few days ago and has just been hiding before then:( he was definitely one of my favorites
IMG_2924.jpeg
IMG_2935.jpeg

RandyL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great and love that you’re also doing research. Might suggest that you look into purchasing a test kit (if you don’t have one already) and use it periodically to keep tabs on your parameters. Establishing a baseline and then doing periodic monitoring is a good way to head off problems, which can contribute to livestock loss.

OP
OP
S

seandre3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great and love that you’re also doing research. Might suggest that you look into purchasing a test kit (if you don’t have one already) and use it periodically to keep tabs on your parameters. Establishing a baseline and then doing periodic monitoring is a good way to head off problems, which can contribute to livestock loss.
Thank you! I do have a test kit I just need to get in the habit of doing it regularly lol

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I do have a test kit I just need to get in the habit of doing it regularly lol
So I also got the in tank floss holder and weir skimmer. Weir skimmer solved my surface scum issue but the floss holder is too small and allows detritus around it. Looks to be sized to the 24g or something. Either way I cut the walls off it to fit the floss better. Have you had any issues with yours?

OP
OP
S

seandre3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I also got the in tank floss holder and weir skimmer. Weir skimmer solved my surface scum issue but the floss holder is too small and allows detritus around it. Looks to be sized to the 24g or something. Either way I cut the walls off it to fit the floss better. Have you had any issues with yours?
I didn’t have issues with mine all that much it fit perfectly. I ended up switching to a filter sock after I got the Aquamaxx skimmer and it’s been good so far. If I can find the old one you’re more then welcome to have it:)

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t have issues with mine all that much it fit perfectly. I ended up switching to a filter sock after I got the Aquamaxx skimmer and it’s been good so far. If I can find the old one you’re more then welcome to have it:)
Did you get one of the chamber one towers that the guy 3d prints? Thank you for the offer, very kind of you, however I think I will go the same route as you with the filter sock eventually.

OP
OP
S

seandre3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get one of the chamber one towers that the guy 3d prints? Thank you for the offer, very kind of you, however I think I will go the same route as you with the filter sock eventually.
I am actually looking into that! I just emailed the guy about it. Very tempted looks like it makes everything easier

bondno9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey OP, great tank. I'm looking to buy this setup myself. Would love some updates on your tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back