aquatop recife eco 24 gal problem

sneekymatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically my return pump's chamber has water filled to the lowest and my filter section of the tank only covers one media box which I dont think is normal? When I first got this tank my pump was good and the chamber was filled decently making little to no noise. Consequently, one day my sister woke me up to tell me that my aquarium was flooded to the brim with water. It looks like the return pump expelled almost all the water in both its chamber and the media bag/box chambers onto the main display area. I took out the water and I took out my pump aswell to see what was wrong with it but I couldn't find anything wrong. But I did have trouble putting it back onto the same place so the tubing kinda expanded which made a bit more noise. Im not very familar with my parts but im pretty sure this is a AIO 3 way chamber thing..?
I honestly do not know what to do and I am desperately looking for help, should i buy a new pump and tubing? Or should I return the tank as a whole to get another one which is a bigger problem because my lfs is like 30 minutes away.

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since its a AIO for some reason. The water is not flowing thru the back.
Something is blocking the water from where it comes in and flows thru the media then into the return pump section.
That is the only thing that can be happening. To much filter floss, some kind of blockage where the water comes in ? Idk but maybe take out the basket that hold it all and see what happens, check all the baffles where the water comes in and flows to the right to the return pump.
Fairly simple setup and just something is stopping the water from flowing into the return pump area

OP
OP
S

sneekymatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since its a AIO for some reason. The water is not flowing thru the back.
Something is blocking the water from where it comes in and flows thru the media then into the return pump section.
That is the only thing that can be happening. To much filter floss, some kind of blockage where the water comes in ? Idk but maybe take out the basket that hold it all and see what happens, check all the baffles where the water comes in and flows to the right to the return pump.
Fairly simple setup and just something is stopping the water from flowing into the return pump area
Thanks! I didnt notice that all the chambers were connected so I checked my sponge chamber and noticed it was at the bottom and I washed it and it started working again now. Thanks

Back