Aquavitro Sentia Dose tubing issues

tshutler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’m having some issues with my sentia dose pumps I have set up for dosing alk and calcium. I recently had trouble with the sentias I had and aquavitro swapped them out for me. Ever since reinstalling the new ones I can’t seem to keep air out of the lines. I didn’t have this issue before.

I’m using the tubing included on the Down line side of the pump and that fits very tightly. On the supply side I have a silicone tubing that I have zip tied onto the connectors just in case. But I still seem to be getting air in the lines. Does anybody else have these dosers? And if so what lines do you use? I can swap out the silicone lines but I will have to rethink my dosing containers because the stock lines won’t fit on those. If anyone has a recommendation I’m all ears. These pumps have been a PITA for most of their time I’ve had them lol.

OP
OP
tshutler

tshutler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping your post for you!
I appreciate it! I ended up getting it figured out. Had to scrap my nice silicone lines and drill a hole in the caps of my dosing containers and use the original tubing. It’s not as nice but it’s working better now.
It’s always something with the tank lol.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, just seeing this now. Yes, the reservoir needs an air hole or it needs to compress as to not add pressure to the lines. Also, connectors can be a weak link and allow air to enter. I use their connectors and lines for connecting to the reservoir and use GHL sized connectors for the output, then connect RO tubing, which goes to the sump. Dosers themselves work great.

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of units I’m trying to setup. What size tubing does it use and what adapters are you using to connect it to larger sized tubes

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a couple of units I’m trying to setup. What size tubing does it use and what adapters are you using to connect it to larger sized tubes
I bought extra GHL doser connectors for mine, works with 1/4" RO tubing. The connectors with the Sentia are just too small to use on anything but their provide tubing.

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought extra GHL doser connectors for mine, works with 1/4" RO tubing. The connectors with the Sentia are just too small to use on anything but their provide tubing.
So the GHL doser connectors will upsize to 1/4 inch RO?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back