~ARC Fireworks Acro~

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
I didn't see any on their site but yeah, $100ish sounds about right.
I think the last time I saw it on their site it was 250-300. Might of been a size related price. Not sure. I don't think it was very big.

Theo15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who is will to sell a frag? [emoji102]

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This page has no color.........

bb_zpsyqbmwxy4.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Ibn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A variant of it does exist in the West Coast. It's in a low nutrient system in one of the LFS and it came in as a wild Aussie and got renamed. You won't think it's the same thing since it's very light in color and doesn't show polyps in their tank.

This is what it looks like when I originally got my piece. Picked it up for the shape of it more than anything at the time.
crc_purple_cadillac_070516.jpg

Topdown from about a week later when it started regaining its colors. Polyps are also peaking for the first time.
crc_purple_cadillac_071616.jpg

A year later, taken earlier today. Slow grower but seems to be waking up as it's starting to encrust again. Currently sitting in ~550 PAR.
crc_purple_cadillac_080717.jpg

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A variant of it does exist in the West Coast.

A year later, taken earlier today. Slow grower but seems to be waking up as it's starting to encrust again. Currently sitting in ~550 PAR.
crc_purple_cadillac_080717.jpg

That's definitely very similar to the classic fireworks colors but the polyps look more red than orange - i want a west coast fireworks variant now ! :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Moved a few posts about buying a frag from this thread to the WTB forum. Please keep in mind that this thread is intended to be a discussion/show-off thread and shouldn't get turned into a selling thread. Thanks all! Keep those pics coming! We love checking out this acro! :D

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a piece I picked up several weeks ago sold to me as a Fireworks. The seller had no lineage back to ARC, only the person he got it from who called it Fireworks. His colony is amazing and it's definitely one of the most colorful I own or have had. I'd be interested in your comments

IMG_2869.JPG

Last edited:

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can try to get a picture of the frag i kept to grow back out. It's taking off but doesn't have lineage. I would like to see others updates as well. Any daylight shots of the real thing would be nice.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea of the reason but overnight mine recently died...

20180111_110126.jpg

If that is how the skeleton looked right after it died. It means your acro hasn’t been able to grow for a while now. It might be due to low flow, very low Alk, lack of no3 or very high po4. (Or there were some other issues)

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is how the skeleton looked right after it died. It means your acro hasn’t been able to grow for a while now. It might be due to low flow, very low Alk, lack of no3 or very high po4. (Or there were some other issues)

It was a fast grower at first, then I accidentally knocked it off and had to re-glue it, it encrusted the glue then stopped. My fastest grower is the pink Floyd, everything else has been slow lately.. I keep alk around 8, flow should be good, PO4 gets up to 0.16 at times but never see it under 0.08 with a reactor with rowaphos

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a fast grower at first, then I accidentally knocked it off and had to re-glue it, it encrusted the glue then stopped. My fastest grower is the pink Floyd, everything else has been slow lately.. I keep alk around 8, flow should be good, PO4 gets up to 0.16 at times but never see it under 0.08 with a reactor with rowaphos
yup that's what happens with high po4 sometimes ( generally when your light intensity is on the lower side, but not always ) . you might want to check if you have no3 and po4 inbalance. where your no3 gets consumed almost immediately and po4 just keeps rising, I would suggest getting a nice fuge going and dosing a tiny bit of no3 or feeding aminos a little + keep up with gfo. that's what helped me finally get the po4 under control.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back