OP
reefsponge

reefsponge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was asking about one on left !
: ) also Is the arc a stag of some sort?

You'll have to ask RandyO those ?'s Mine is a still a frag, not sure what the entire colony looked like when arc acquired it.

atlfishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the first picture in this thread, the Firework is much bluer. Does anyone know the light preference to bring out the purple?

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks very similar to a wild piece i have, it's a stunning acro as the polyps sparkle red in full lighting.

eee_zpsxoxdyk5p.jpg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice one biggles, looks like the same coral I posted, but under full light. I think they are all the same although I haven't seen the arc in person, it seems most pictures are a little different. I would guess cameras and lighting, are making the acros look a little different. Just a guess. Would love to see your wild colony grown out. I grew mine from a nub off a dying colony and the growth form was my favorite part!

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mate, i think you're right about all of them being basically the same acro variety. Different lighting and post processing is what makes many think one is better than the other imo.

Brad Bessett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging up an old thread here. Lot's of questions on placement but no answers.

I just got one and wanted to see if anyone knows where this one likes to be.

19" deep tank with a G3 XR30 10" above the water.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have a piece of my wild version, if it is the same thing, it seems to be much lighter pink in higher light. Last time I grew it out was in the normal range of par and it looked more like biggles picture. Although it is a fragment I am starting over with so it could color up just fine in the higher light once it starts to grow.

jose7878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How fast of a grower? I've had mine for about 3-4 months and hasn't grown at all.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, You have it growing nicely. Very purple compared to mine. Mine is that really blue color with very red polyps.

How fast of a grower? I've had mine for about 3-4 months and hasn't grown at all.
Mine is growing super slowly. I have had a tiny, really tiny, frag for quite a long time. It has been encrusting very slowly but the color is amazing. I have it up really high in pretty high flow. It seems very happy...just painfully slow growing. It could be that slow due to the extremely small size of the frag. I need to take an updated photo.

jose7878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine low in the tank. But it's only a 18 " high tank. It's 70gal cube. With a Hydra 52 for lighting. It's happy we're it is. It dark purple so it still has its color.

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i took that under just a few T5's so it looks a bit funky lol. Here's another frag off that original branch i have growing out elsewhere taken with the 400W Radiums burning.
I have pretty slow growth at the best of times but the fireworks looking acro is probably the fastest grower in my tank. That colony was from the end third of the original branch i showed. I have colonies growing in two more places on the reef, gave eight 1" frags away to friends and still have six more in the sump frag tank lol. I was surprised to see some say it was a slow grower tbh.

hf_zpsvdyzwac3.jpg

jose7878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Biggles. I can't wait until my starts to branch off.

honkit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggles, your ARC fireworks lookalike is gorgeous! Is that a rare piece in Australia? We get fairly regular aussie SPS shipments here in Singapore but I have yet to see anything that resembles it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back