Are 2x Radion XR30 G4 Pros Overkill?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slayvoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slayvoff

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2017
Messages
264
Reaction score
52
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a Red Sea Reefer 250? Planning the tank right now - I have two unopened, brand new XR30 pros I could keep and open or sell. Are 2 overkill? My plan I guess is to have a mixed reef, eventually. Not sure if just one XR30 would be fine or maybe 2x XR15s instead. Thanks!
 
For a Red Sea Reefer 250? Planning the tank right now - I have two unopened, brand new XR30 pros I could keep and open or sell. Are 2 overkill? My plan I guess is to have a mixed reef, eventually. Not sure if just one XR30 would be fine or maybe 2x XR15s instead. Thanks!
I don't believe so. I have 2 over my 35.5", w\wide angle lenses, and they work very well. Growth is good and shadowing is minimal, for LEDs. I run mine at max. 70% 6.5 hrs. a day using a modified AB+ schedule.
 
those would be better then the xr15 for front to back coverage. you don't have to run them full blast after all. 15's cause much shadowing
 
I think BRS has a video showing that multiple 15s were better than 30s as it allows more flexibility with mounting them for coverage and shadowing. Might even be cheaper :)
 
maybe with the new optics that aren't out yet. I haven't seen those yet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new