Are all in one frag tanks feasible long term?

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently began doing my first frag swaps and was very pleased with the experience. It felt great to trade so that both of us could gain new specimens. I'm also doing a downsize for something nicer and I'm looking forward to starting over. With that said, I've got quite a few corals to frag... thus I'm gonna "need" a frag tank. In all sincerity, I know I don't need one, I can use magnetic frag racks - but I've got several and they're already full and I haven't even begun the breakdown. Furthermore, I want to take the hobby to the next level.

With that said. I'm much more interested in the aesthetics and price of AIO frag systems, but I've read that these are primarily for shows. Is this something that I can pull off long term or is this typically met with failure. Perhaps this is a good time to mention that I will be going bare bottom. I want to keep the nutrients low. Tank that I'm looking at is 36x20x6. I'm looking at seeing if I can get a custom job to add an additional 4 inches to the height. What do you think?

Cheers and thanks for the input!

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently began doing my first frag swaps and was very pleased with the experience. It felt great to trade so that both of us could gain new specimens. I'm also doing a downsize for something nicer and I'm looking forward to starting over. With that said, I've got quite a few corals to frag... thus I'm gonna "need" a frag tank. In all sincerity, I know I don't need one, I can use magnetic frag racks - but I've got several and they're already full and I haven't even begun the breakdown. Furthermore, I want to take the hobby to the next level.

With that said. I'm much more interested in the aesthetics and price of AIO frag systems, but I've read that these are primarily for shows. Is this something that I can pull off long term or is this typically met with failure. Perhaps this is a good time to mention that I will be going bare bottom. I want to keep the nutrients low. Tank that I'm looking at is 36x20x6. I'm looking at seeing if I can get a custom job to add an additional 4 inches to the height. What do you think?

Cheers and thanks for the input!
same thing I want to know

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in the answers you get. I have never kept an AIO frag system long-term. The wife was thinking of doing something similar with the few frags she really wants to work with. Will be following along.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will let you guys know :D . This is a custom made 6 foot AIO frag tank by advanced acrylics

BF812A65-6516-413D-8BD0-E33AE715D4CE.jpeg

10EA6433-CE4E-4BA1-AA73-CDF365077CE5.jpeg

spideybry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am debating on a way to tie all my water volume together.
As far as something going on long term, it will work, but it will be a separate system with separate issues and needs and will have to be treated as such. The magic from one plumbed in system is that it’s easier to deal with certain issues.

How are you planning on working this into the current setup?

M

Max_nano

View Badges
I’m 5 months into a 25 gal AIO from luck reef, the advanced acrylics eBay outlet. I had a 25 gallon limit in the lease for my apartment so I went shallow and am loving the length of this tank. I have rock in the front display end and then frag racks in the back.
22DE14E8-F3AC-438B-B230-27319B85DF3F.jpeg
2B673AEF-9C82-4F18-A24E-11219634F541.jpeg
83A82253-E37C-4EFA-9FD7-C3FA436A0096.jpeg

spideybry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m 5 months into a 25 gal AIO from luck reef, the advanced acrylics eBay outlet. I had a 25 gallon limit in the lease for my apartment so I went shallow and am loving the length of this tank. I have rock in the front display end and then frag racks in the back.
22DE14E8-F3AC-438B-B230-27319B85DF3F.jpeg
2B673AEF-9C82-4F18-A24E-11219634F541.jpeg
83A82253-E37C-4EFA-9FD7-C3FA436A0096.jpeg

Beautiful setup - really digging the idea of making the front a mini display. I can't seem to find anything on "Advanced Acrylics" ebay outlet though. Do you happen to have a link?

I may try to work something like this but plumbed to my current tanks sump.

M

Max_nano

View Badges
Beautiful setup - really digging the idea of making the front a mini display. I can't seem to find anything on "Advanced Acrylics" ebay outlet though. Do you happen to have a link?

I may try to work something like this but plumbed to my current tanks sump.
The eBay account for their outlet is named “luck reef” but they don’t seem to have anything listed right now. But here is a link to their profile: https://ebay.com/usr/luckreef

you may be able to email them and see if they have anything in stock, since you would be using an overflow it’s probably more likely they have a tank in stock? I’m not sure but they are very responsive and helped me out. It was funny, I got a custom price from AA, then when I found the eBay account I pulled the trigger. I emailed AA to let them know I wouldn’t follow through with the quote they gave me, and then they let me know I was still buying one of their tanks, haha.

I got this 36x20x8 tank and asked them to move the AIO chamber so it would be a peninsula, it has previously been on the long side. I didn’t have to pay extra to have it moved, I think it was a little under $400 for the tank.

The front display is awesome, it’s what I see from my couch. With all the pumps on the back wall I don’t have amazing flow towards the front, and my lighting is focused on the center of the tank. So it makes the front better suited for lps and softies

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back