Are glass bow fronts safe?

Saltyhigginslakeguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like bow fronts and love glass, but I see that a lot of companies don't make bigger glass bowfront aquariums anymore. Like 72g and up. Why is that?

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like bow fronts and love glass, but I see that a lot of companies don't make bigger glass bowfront aquariums anymore. Like 72g and up. Why is that?
Probably more difficult/ costly to make and less popular - it's just fallen out of style... the bowed glass also distorts things a bit and most were framed. people like the more streamlined rimless look now

i have both a 72g i got used and 46g bowfront i bought new a few years ago and in setting them up it can be difficult to get things like stands/ lids... and both have a center brace which can be a pain to work around for lighting...

OP
OP
Saltyhigginslakeguy

Saltyhigginslakeguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably more difficult/ costly to make and less popular - it's just fallen out of style... the bowed glass also distorts things a bit and most were framed. people like the more streamlined rimless look now

i have both a 72g i got used and 46g bowfront i bought new a few years ago and in setting them up it can be difficult to get things like stands/ lids... and both have a center brace which can be a pain to work around for lighting...
Rimless is really nice for lighting, and forgot about bracing, lol. Thank you for the insight and jogging of my memory. Lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back