Aqurium Glass thickness

isaiahc41105

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
22
Location
49249
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building an aquarium and its going to have the back, left, right,and bottom made with acrylic glass reinforced with a osb and 2x4 walls but the front is going to be glass and idk how thick I used and onion calculator and it said for my 8ft long 2.5 ft tall and 6 ft deep I could use .7in glass but if I put a brace in the middle could I make it taller?
 
20230604_203550.gif
 
Upvote 0
I'm building an aquarium and its going to have the back, left, right,and bottom made with acrylic glass reinforced with a osb and 2x4 walls but the front is going to be glass and idk how thick I used and onion calculator and it said for my 8ft long 2.5 ft tall and 6 ft deep I could use .7in glass but if I put a brace in the middle could I make it taller?
Welcome
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new