Are my clownfish good?

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got these two clownfish the other day. One has a faint whiter spot on a fin and under the eye (the one above the mouth is a sand particle my pistol shrimp kicked up)

I may just be paranoid. She is swimming fine and is trying to get this coral to host her. I’ve seen her eat and also picking at copepods around. I think the breathing rate is normal too? Anyways I just need reassurance to make sure I am not missing anything.

DEA5C750-FFFD-4A5B-B199-35727683E723.jpeg 0FEC7746-4A1C-4904-914A-30EDEC1B99A8.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5822.MOV
    27.8 MB
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    7.4 MB
OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say, did you do any quarantine?
Where did you get them and how long have they had them?
You will most likely find out within the week of the is a problem.
No i only have a 20g. I got them from a very highly reputable fish store in Toronto area. Only had them since Sunday night! Honestly I’m pretty sure I am just paranoid

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Only concern I have and see if the pinched head and somewhat thin body. A video under white lighting sometimes shows different than still pics but assure it gets a good diet and water quality- First defense to disease.
Some foods are LRS fish frenzy, TDO Pellets, formula flake, mysis shrimp and spirulina brine shrimp.

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only concern I have and see if the pinched head and somewhat thin body. A video under white lighting sometimes shows different than still pics but assure it gets a good diet and water quality- First defense to disease.
Some foods are LRS fish frenzy, TDO Pellets, formula flake, mysis shrimp and spirulina brine shrimp.
Are you talking about the frostbite that is thin with a pinched head? I just fed brine shrimp and they are loving it. May have fed a little much by accident because this was the first time. They both ate a lot though

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    21.4 MB

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like normal clown behavior like someone else said, perhaps a little on the skinny side but that could be the photo just make sure to feed them well

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like normal clown behavior like someone else said, perhaps a little on the skinny side but that could be the photo just make sure to feed them well
They are currently have a feast and I will be feeding them lots! Do they both look thin or which one does? To me it’s just the frostbite that looks thin but I’ll beef both of them up! I’ve only had them a day and a half :)

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are currently have a feast and I will be feeding them lots! Do they both look thin or which one does? To me it’s just the frostbite that looks thin but I’ll beef both of them up! I’ve only had them a day and a half :)
Just the one to me but 1, it's likely a shadow effect and 2, pet stores/supply chain don't always feed so much

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the one to me but 1, it's likely a shadow effect and 2, pet stores/supply chain don't always feed so much
If you are talking about the frostbite he is definitely more thin than the other. He was one of the smallest ones in a tank of clowns so I am assuming he got bullied off a lot of food. He has been eating nonstop since I put him in my tank on Sunday so I think he will beef up soon :)

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both clowns are a bit thin in their napes, not their bellies which tells me they went through some time of not enough food, but that they are being fed enough now.
Jay

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both clowns are a bit thin in their napes, not their bellies which tells me they went through some time of not enough food, but that they are being fed enough now.
Jay
Well that makes me very happy to hear that I am doing a good job feeding them so far. I’ll try my best to beef them up! So the 2 faint white dots are nothing to worry about for now on the one?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that makes me very happy to hear that I am doing a good job feeding them so far. I’ll try my best to beef them up! So the 2 faint white dots are nothing to worry about for now on the one?
You can't really tell much from a couple of white spots, and I really couldn't even see them. What you want to watch for are spots that come and go and generally increase in numbers - that can be a sign of marine ich.

Jay

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't really tell much from a couple of white spots, and I really couldn't even see them. What you want to watch for are spots that come and go and generally increase in numbers - that can be a sign of marine ich.

Jay
There are only two that I see (circled below if it helps). They seem to be acting fine and I’ll keep them well fed. I’ll keep an eye on it in case more appear, thanks! :)

Attachments

• FB50FC5D-0FF6-439A-BEA4-3CDE03AB362A.jpeg
    FB50FC5D-0FF6-439A-BEA4-3CDE03AB362A.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DBD56B10-3FE9-42AB-8B9B-35C460FD8F13.jpeg
    DBD56B10-3FE9-42AB-8B9B-35C460FD8F13.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 27

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are only two that I see (circled below if it helps). They seem to be acting fine and I’ll keep them well fed. I’ll keep an eye on it in case more appear, thanks! :)

Those spots are too large and too diffuse to be ich, do that’s good. Probably just minor bumps/injuries.
Jay

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those spots are too large and too diffuse to be ich, do that’s good. Probably just minor bumps/injuries.
Jay
That’s a relief! These are all new fish after my fallow with brook so I am definitely on edge. Thank you for the reassurance :)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back