Are my corals doing alright?

donutmanstan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a 15-gallon Innovative Marine almost 2 months ago and added coral about 1 month and a week in.
Some of the corals are acting strange, and I was hoping someone could tell me if they're being given too much light/flow.
I bought a large toadstool, a small toadstool, a hairy mushroom, 2 gorgonians, a devils finger leather, a small kenya, and a large kenya.
The large toadstool extends its polyps very well, while the devils finger tends to only have one head with extended polyps at a time.
Gorgonians receive lots of flow and fully extend their polyps.

PARAMETERS:
1.026 salinity
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
5ppm nitrate (trying to raise this)
phosphate not showing
PH 8.2
temperature 77F

I have 2 powerhead running low pulse, and the toadstool loves it. There is a good amount of water movement.
I have an AI prime running from 8am-5pm at 50% white, 55% royal, and 70% blue.

Pictures in natural light:

IMG_1048 Large.jpeg IMG_1043 Large.jpeg IMG_1045 Large.jpeg IMG_1046 Large.jpeg IMG_1047 Large.jpeg
I know the kenya tree is turning white and I would assume its due to too much light?
The shriveled up one i think is a large kenya, is it doing alright? I'm thinking i might be giving it too much flow.

Thank you for any insight! IMG_1044 Large.jpeg

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lack of any algae or anything on the rocks is concerning especially with that much white light. You need to get phosphates in the tank. And I would lower the the lights and add in some UV to the spectrum.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re actually reading 0 phosphates that’s likely the issue every tanks needs at least a bit of phosphate. Maybe that’s why they are closed

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back