Are my hawkfish good friends?

BlenniesAndTangs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2021
Messages
46
Reaction score
41
Location
Victoria
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 2 flames PAIRED now. I am not sure if their getting along well. They usually chase eachother, and sometimes sit next to eachother. They play game around the tank. They live in a 130 gallon tank. Girl and boy, Pearl and Blaze.

I wasn't able to find their photos in my gallery.
 
Sounds like a typical married couple if you ask me...
 
As I understand hawkfish are hermaphrodites. I've had a pair of flames in one of my systems and for about 14 years now and they act the same way. Actual spawning has never been observed but for about 10 - 12 years now the smaller one every few weeks or month or so looks like she swallowed a marble for a day and is back to normal the next day.
 
As I understand hawkfish are hermaphrodites. I've had a pair of flames in one of my systems and for about 14 years now and they act the same way. Actual spawning has never been observed but for about 10 - 12 years now the smaller one every few weeks or month or so looks like she swallowed a marble for a day and is back to normal the next day.
My girl, which IS the smallest and my boy is the largest. I know how fish get pregnant too, (i'm not one of those people who believe their fat lawnmower blenny is pregnant. my baby lawnmower is the literal cutest baby ive ever seen)
 
Sadly, A month ago pearl died by jumping out of the tank, aswell as my baby lawnmower. Rest In Peace, those two..
 
They seemed paired.
I don't believe they were actually paired, unlike my sleeper goby(ies?) they slept together, and moved burrows together. Sadly my girl sleeper goby passed away 3-4 days ago. :(
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new