0   0   0
Temperature F°: 79-80
Salinity: 1.023 - 1.024
pH: 8.2
Phosphate: 0.0 mg/L
NO3 (Nitrate): 0.0 mg/L
KH (Alkalinity): 11.4 ppm
Ca (Calcium): 425 ppm

I use Salifert tests for everything except phosphates, for phosphates I used a MultiTest kit.
In my tank I have two Condy Nems, one Blood Orange Misbar clown, one Orchid Dottyback, three Whitetail Damsels, one Emerald Crab, one Arrow Crab, two Pincushion Urchins, some red and blue leg hermit crabs, and variety of snails including Margaritas, Astreas, Nassarius, Nerites, and Ceriths.

Last edited:

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming your phophate/nitrate reading are correct I would suggest getting some nutrients in there. Especially with your alk on the high side. Tanks can be ok with that high of alk, but the lower your nutrients usually the harder to run a tank with higher alk without running into issues.

OP
OP
D

DoINeedAName?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What
Assuming your phophate/nitrate reading are correct I would suggest getting some nutrients in there. Especially with your alk on the high side. Tanks can be ok with that high of alk, but the lower your nutrients usually the harder to run a tank with higher alk without running into issues.
would I use for nutrients? Any favorites/good suggestions?

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What

would I use for nutrients? Any favorites/good suggestions?
I had the same problem being zero on N03 and P04. I started getting a bacteria white slim and corals were bleaching. I feed the fish and coral a lot more and dosed Brightwell NeoPhos as directed . P04 is now 0.070. N03 is still almost nothing but tank is doing a lot better. You can also turn off your protein skimmer for a while.

OP
OP
D

DoINeedAName?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s a little late, but Margarita snails and snails sold as “Margarita snails” prefer temperatures in the 50’s to low 70’s (Fahrenheit).
I will not purchase more Margaritas then, I want to keep the temp steady where it is. Margaritas a very good though, had them since tank was set up.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said, get some nutrients in there.

if possible, get some nutrients in your system by feeding more, having more livestock (if it’s doable), and then test daily (Or every other day) until you can see a trend in where your system settles. It’s a natural (to an extent) system so if left alone it should settle to a quasi equilibrium. If you can get some consistent tests which give you an idea of the highs and lows your system settles on, you won’t have to chase a number. Rather you’ll know the range you need to maintain to keep your systems balance going.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%

Back