OP
Mantiskid

Mantiskid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I know why? My anemone recently moved to the front of my tank for more flow raight where my zoas are. I think he might of stinged him.

OP
OP
Mantiskid

Mantiskid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested my alkalinity and it’s my normal 1.025. He’s been closed for about a month or so.

OP
OP
Mantiskid

Mantiskid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried everything I dipped him a did a water change name it I did it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I tested my alkalinity and it’s my normal 1.025. He’s been closed for about a month or so.
That reading is salinity
alk should be between 8-11dkh
Zoas must have iodide, not iodine in their water and under moderate light and water flow. They seem to do best in the lower half to third of the tank in an area of low-medium to medium-high flow. Too much flow may make it hard for the polyps to open. You will know your zoanthids are ‘happy’ if they open up and are fully extended without seeming to stretch so far upright.. The majority of zoanthids have symbiotic photosynthetic zooxanthellae (I dare you to try and say that three times quickly) and are therefore best kept with at least moderate aquarium lighting as mentioned for production of zooxanthele.
Zoanthids require the standard water parameters that are good for keeping just about any of your corals healthy. You’re aiming for water temperature about 78 F, salinity somewhere around 1.025 specific gravity) and normal hardness 8-11 dKH) and a pH around 8.1-8.3.
However, if your polyps were previously open and have recently closed up, this should be taken as a serious sign of a water parameters issue. The first things I would check are ph and salinity. In my experience, zoas will close up if there are swings in salinity.

OP
OP
Mantiskid

Mantiskid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they
That reading is salinity
alk should be between 8-11dkh
Zoas must have iodide, not iodine in their water and under moderate light and water flow. They seem to do best in the lower half to third of the tank in an area of low-medium to medium-high flow. Too much flow may make it hard for the polyps to open. You will know your zoanthids are ‘happy’ if they open up and are fully extended without seeming to stretch so far upright.. The majority of zoanthids have symbiotic photosynthetic zooxanthellae (I dare you to try and say that three times quickly) and are therefore best kept with at least moderate aquarium lighting as mentioned for production of zooxanthele.
Zoanthids require the standard water parameters that are good for keeping just about any of your corals healthy. You’re aiming for water temperature about 78 F, salinity somewhere around 1.025 specific gravity) and normal hardness 8-11 dKH) and a pH around 8.1-8.3.
However, if your polyps were previously open and have recently closed up, this should be taken as a serious sign of a water parameters issue. The first things I would check are ph and salinity. In my experience, zoas will close up if there are swings in salinity.
they have been growing really well until like I said my anemone moved.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah they

they have been growing really well until like I said my anemone moved.
angry or irritated by nem. They recover to normal slowly but will recover. Try GENTLE burst over them with a turkey baster which usually perks them up

OP
OP
Mantiskid

Mantiskid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did I didn’t see any improvement I think I’m just going to leave him alone and let him recover. How long would u say it takes to recover?

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, they'll completely melt away once they're dead, so I'd say they still have some life in them. Definitely not happy though.

OP
OP
Mantiskid

Mantiskid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update all the polyps are open just no color and seem flat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 30

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back