Are Seapora tanks drillable?

thamnasteroid

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2020
Messages
3,664
Reaction score
3,011
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering getting back into the hobby and setting up a coral growout tank (I haven't totally decided yet). Seapora seems to be the only budget glass frag tank option besides Zoo Med's lowboy tank. I don't like the corner overflow tanks they have (asymmetrical), so I plan on drilling my own overflow. I remember hearing a long time ago that they use tempered glass for their non-reef-ready tanks, (I could be misremembering). I am wondering if this is still the case, or do they use regular glass for their tanks?
 
From what I understand, most manufacturers use whatever glass is available to them at the time, which can be tempered or not. The way to know would be to test it. Obviously, if you're ordering this tank online, you may not be able to do so, but if you can put your hands on the tank, it's a simple test you can do in the store before purchasing. You just need an LCD screen and a pair of polarized sunglasses. I hope this helps!



Good luck!
 
Upvote 0
The web has a contact number that I would try
Email: [email protected]

The web says that the bottom glass is tempered for safety on all their tanks, but I can’t find that information on their site,

Gl
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new