Are skimmer pumps universal?

TiredReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a PLS-50 Elite II skimmer by CAD lights. The pump got busted recently and I can't find a replacement as it looks like the company is no longer in business.

Are skimmer pumps with the pinwheels universal? I want to be sure the performance is the same. I love this skimmer, it does and awesome job.

Thanks!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only wish pumps were universal. I have an SWC skimmer, who's also out of business....but has an Atman pump....which is poor quality. I wish I could fit some other pump in there....and I've tried!

@Dburr1014 said it....NO. If you're lucky, the pump is a different brand then the skimmer manufacturer.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Innovative marine, they make one for that footprint. I ran a tunze 9004 in a Waterbox aio, it was a TIGHT squeeze, but I loved the skimmer after hassling with water level.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah - nothing on it at all actually. No markings whatsoever. Any recommendations for a skimmer that fits well in the back of a JBJ45 AIO?
Gotcha, no removable mounting bracket?
Just thinking sometimes you can get a pump to fit other brackets but that would require going to see the drawings on every pump manufacture and different size pumps. Lots-o-work. May get lucky, probably not worth the hassle.

Back