Are these copepods?

TCseh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2022
Messages
481
Reaction score
239
Location
Broken Arrow Oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed today that they are on my front glass. The one I took a picture of is just so big. I don't know what it is.

20231102_172625.jpg 20231102_172623.jpg
 
Isopod
 
Last edited:
Isopod I believe, similar to a pod. They are Plankton
 
Munnid Isopods, these guys eat algae, and their pretty dang effective when in great numbers, IME. :)
 
Do you think this add is targeted??
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20231102_180445_Adblock Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20231102_180445_Adblock Browser.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 42
Did they get introduced through a frag or something I dose like phyto or reef mud?
Can come in on most anything
 
Do you think this add is targeted??
Ha, I wish. Actually I sponsor the hitchhiker thread so I am at the top of every thread here. My wife @Ocean_Queenie brought me in, then asked about your post so I thought I would answer.
 
Isopods can come in with anything. We have them in one of our aquariums that we noticed during a fallow period. I think they remind me of plankton from Sponge Bob SquarePants.
 
Isopods can come in with anything. We have them in one of our aquariums that we noticed during a fallow period. I think they remind me of plankton from Sponge Bob SquarePants.
I think they look like that also. Thanks for your help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new