- Joined
- Dec 9, 2025
- Messages
- 58
- Reaction score
- 13
- Location
- Netherlands
- What state or country do you live in
- Other International
Hi all,
Im now about 4-5 months deep in my reeftank and im getting this think brown cover of algae, no bubbles.
I was suspecting dinos that went into the water column like ostreopsis, since at night my sand looked clean, and i already went through the ugly phase. So i bought a second hand 20w deltec UV. After running it for a week with 0 improvement i decided to get a microscope and here are the results:
My nitrates are a stable 10-15, and my phosphates i try to keep them detectable, 0.03 ish, i dose nyos phos every other day.
I dont have much bioload, couple corals and 2 fish.

Im now about 4-5 months deep in my reeftank and im getting this think brown cover of algae, no bubbles.
I was suspecting dinos that went into the water column like ostreopsis, since at night my sand looked clean, and i already went through the ugly phase. So i bought a second hand 20w deltec UV. After running it for a week with 0 improvement i decided to get a microscope and here are the results:
My nitrates are a stable 10-15, and my phosphates i try to keep them detectable, 0.03 ish, i dose nyos phos every other day.
I dont have much bioload, couple corals and 2 fish.
