Are these Dinos, diatoms or something else....?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Millz034
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Millz034

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
33
Location
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a long tough battle with dinos I took out my sand bed got UV raised nutrients and I haven't seen much brown anywhere but a week ago it started coming back on the glass. I don't know if this is dino's, diatoms or something else I can't find pictures that look like these anywhere.
Any help would be great thank you!


 
Appears to be diatoms
Siphon, reduce white light intensity and even add 1.5ml of liquid bacteria per 10 gallons during the day for a week
 
I don't know if this is dino's, diatoms or something else I can't find pictures that look like these anywhere.
Me neither!

This is a rare something else. The envelopes around the pigmented portions of the cells are irregular, unlike diatoms. They aren't dinos. Not a typical cyano pattern or color either.

Got shots of what it looks like in the tank?
 
Me neither!

This is a rare something else. The envelopes around the pigmented portions of the cells are irregular, unlike diatoms. They aren't dinos. Not a typical cyano pattern or color either.

Got shots of what it looks like in the tank?
it looks like a coat of diatoms or dinos brown patches on the glass i wiped it off but when it comes back again i will take pictures
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new