Are these Dinos, diatoms or something else....?

Millz034

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a long tough battle with dinos I took out my sand bed got UV raised nutrients and I haven't seen much brown anywhere but a week ago it started coming back on the glass. I don't know if this is dino's, diatoms or something else I can't find pictures that look like these anywhere.
Any help would be great thank you!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Appears to be diatoms
Siphon, reduce white light intensity and even add 1.5ml of liquid bacteria per 10 gallons during the day for a week

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this is dino's, diatoms or something else I can't find pictures that look like these anywhere.
Me neither!

This is a rare something else. The envelopes around the pigmented portions of the cells are irregular, unlike diatoms. They aren't dinos. Not a typical cyano pattern or color either.

Got shots of what it looks like in the tank?

OP
OP
Millz034

Millz034

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me neither!

This is a rare something else. The envelopes around the pigmented portions of the cells are irregular, unlike diatoms. They aren't dinos. Not a typical cyano pattern or color either.

Got shots of what it looks like in the tank?
it looks like a coat of diatoms or dinos brown patches on the glass i wiped it off but when it comes back again i will take pictures

Back