Are these Dinos?

DJTJ

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2019
Messages
164
Reaction score
154
Location
San Jose
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, my tank has been cycling for around two months now and I have noticed that the water has become super cloudy over the past week. There are these little brown nubs that form a web over the sand. Are they Dinos? I had three fish ready from my 30 day quarantine and was wanting to put them in, but I dont know if I should wait until this blows over.
image.jpg
 
Its more than likely new tank uglies.

Just make sure the N03 and P04 are above 0 to prevent Dino's.
 
Photo is not great, but doesn't really look like dinoflagellates to me... maybe a bacterial outbreak.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new