Are these Flukes??

navvet8992

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dealing with flukes for a month now and used Prazipro with no success. Freshwater baths have helped but only temporary so yesterday i removed all fish and put in QT and did a fenbendazole 12 hour bath. The main tank is now fallow and will remain for at least 30 days however i just noticed hundreds of little white things crawling all over the glass. Are these flukes looking for a host which cant find without any fish in the tank?
2E479545-BEFF-4579-9849-F1862CDF7319.png

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either copepods or flat worms but I can't tell from the pic. Flukes live on the fish, not on the glass.

SpursFan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not flukes, you woukdnt be able to see them in tank. Prazi if does correctly would kill them but if doing in DT depending on size and scape is hard to calculate correct dosage. Flukes cant live more than a couple days (36hrs) without a host so with egg cycle 10 days is all that needed to ensure they are dealt with.

OP
OP
N

navvet8992

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not flukes, you woukdnt be able to see them in tank. Prazi if does correctly would kill them but if doing in DT depending on size and scape is hard to calculate correct dosage. Flukes cant live more than a couple days (36hrs) without a host so with egg cycle 10 days is all that needed to ensure they are dealt with.
So my shrimp, starfish, urchins, snails and coral cant be a host of the flukes correct? They are still in my DT.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back